Two Studebakers Collide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Studebakers Collide

My friend hit the rear of my 61 Hawk with the front of his 53 Lowey Coupe. As a result we are looking for a show quality grill surround for the right (passenger) side of his 53. Please let me know if you have one. My cell is 908 489 6943.

Ouch. [V]

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
    www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Sorry about that! I am impressed that you started your post with..."My Friend" and not "My Former Friend!"[:0][B)]

John Clary
      Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
      SDC member since 1975
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Well, we didn't hear about functioning, or non-functioning, brake lights, so......

quote:Originally posted by jclary

Sorry about that! I am impressed that you started your post with..."My Friend" and not "My Former Friend!"[:0][B)]
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jg61hawk

My friend hit the rear of my 61 Hawk with the front of his 53 Lowey Coupe.
          In light of the crash test thread, I have to ask;

Did anyone survive??? [)][B)]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Apparently, one friendship.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

No pics of the accident?

Comment

I worked at Universal Studios about 12 years ago. I was driving my 60 Lark HT at the time. Another employee had a 60 Lark Wagon. We both parked in the same parking structure. One day, I left work at around 10 to make a run to some executive's house. I was driving down the structure too fast, trying get off the lot as quickly as possible. Lo and behold, the other Studebaker guy was coming up the structure, also way too fast. We almost ran into each other head on. We figured it would have been the last serious Studebaker/Studebaker accident in the world.

Scott Rodgers
                Los Angeles
                SDC Member since 1989
                '60 Lark HT
                '63 Wagonaire
                Scott Rodgers
                Los Angeles
                SDC Member since 1989
                \'60 Lark HT
                \'63 Wagonaire
                \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

I felt worse for my friend. He helped me ( a lot) to restore my car. His is a 10 out of 10. It was just a case of the foot slipping off the brake, and bingo CRASH. So where are the grills?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jg61hawk

I felt worse for my friend. He helped me ( a lot) to restore my car. His is a 10 out of 10. It was just a case of the foot slipping off the brake, and bingo CRASH. So where are the grills?
                    Those grilles are made out of Unobtainium. You might as well ask about the Holy Grail. I may be wrong, but you'll have a hard time just finding a useable and repairable grille that can be replated. In fact, the one on the car will probably be nicer than whats out there. I wish you good luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

There's that unobtainium again. Isn't that stuff hard to come by?

Jon Stalnaker
                      Editor, Hawk Talks
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC
                      Jon Stalnaker
                      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Sdude

There's that unobtainium again. Isn't that stuff hard to come by?
                        Yep. In the Periodic Table of Elements Unobtainium is listed as No^3 or No(to the 3rd power or cubed). In other words, No No No

And actually, this mineral usually enters the atmosphere from outer space. The only way we'll ever get unobtainium in quantity is to mine deep into the bowels of Yoranus, the outer most planet of the Wayoutthere Galaxy.

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Swifster I LOL'ed at the survival question, no joke. But that last post? Dude. Rilly.

But on a technical note, wasn't there a Shaving Cream Molecule involved?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by comatus

Swifster I LOL'ed at the survival question, no joke. But that last post? Dude. Rilly.

But on a technical note, wasn't there a Shaving Cream Molecule involved?
                            Very possibly .

I was trying to come up with a PC way of saying that you'll need to pull a part made of unobtainium out of your... I didn't want to have a bunch of #####. Should I have used 'Uranus'?

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Where are my boots...its getting deep.

Fred

**I'm not the best speller...FireFox catches most of my mistakes, but I use IE at work**

Comment

Working...
                              X