Gord is headed back north...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gord is headed back north...

Gord dropped in for a visit on Tuesday of this week AND to retrieve the '60 Lark that I traded for the sweet 259 and T86 OD Gord provided for the Ute.

We spent Wednesday out in the San Juans in my boat with neighbors Ken and Char. We probably covered 60 miles or so. The FULL tour for Gord...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=721167JIjeA

...visited the Gahlbecks on Thursday to pick up and drop off some parts and to approve the rearranging of the Stude Bone Yard behind the shop.

I also roped Gord into helping on the Packard. We rebuilt both the hydraulic and vacuum side of the treadle valve and modified a power steering hose to fit. Today we got the car back on the ground and went for a spin. It was the first time the Pack has moved under its own power in 27 years [:0]. Gord had the honor of driving it out of the clubhouse. I'm happy to report that all systems work excellent. It runs good, trans works in all gears and shifts nicely, brakes are great, power steering, etc. It's nice to wake them up from a long slumber and have them WIDE awake right off the bat. [^]

Film to follow.

Today, we loaded up the Lark, and Gord and new puppy Pogo headed for the great white north...

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Cool! Sounds like that packard was more than ready to wake up,eh? Bummer he wasn't at the mini meet, would have been fun to meet him. Ole well, meet ya someother time!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Hey Gord,

I can see you're drinking the right beer -- my favorite.

Comment

I'll bet Gord has that Lark in shape in no time!

Ya know, what Gord oughta do is rent himself out to us Stude nuts. Think of it, Gord. All Studes (ok, AND the occassional Packard) all the time! T'would have to beat the heck outta bein' on some cold and dreay drill site for weeks at a time.[xx(]

Of course, dealing with CASOs - on second thought, stick to the well sites.[:I]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1963 Cruiser
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Is the Lark a light gray, or White Sand? What's the story behind that little gem?
          Must be nice to have quality visits from Canadian diplomats like that. We got to visit in California and a few days in Iowa, but while I didn't mean for Gord to help with both of my vehicles that week, he's the kind of guy who will jump right in without batting an eye to help anyone, Tecate or not! [^]

Comment

Yeah he will even drink Bud light just one though. Coors light now thats good too, Fosters, Newcastle, Fat Tire, Killians Red its all good. Nice to see ya Gord.

Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            The Prez 1955 President State
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
            Fresno,Ca
            Mabel 1949 Champion
            Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            The Prez 1955 President State
            Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
            Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
            Fresno,Ca

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Is the Lark a light gray, or White Sand? What's the story behind that little gem?
              Must be nice to have quality visits from Canadian diplomats like that. We got to visit in California and a few days in Iowa, but while I didn't mean for Gord to help with both of my vehicles that week, he's the kind of guy who will jump right in without batting an eye to help anyone, Tecate or not! [^]
              It is light gray. This is the Lark I bought maybe 1 1/2 years ago. It has been hit on the left rear door. It is a V8 auto car and a nice runner. Real nice interior. I was going to strip it of its powertrain for the Ute, but Gord saved it by trading for the '55 President engine and trans that went into the Ute. Gord has already bought a NOS door from SASCO for it. It will need some additional work on the B pillar and the right front spindle seems to be bent where the car was pushed against a curb with the accident. The rear view of this car was on a TW back cover a year or so ago.

It's always great to have Gord visit. [^] We finished the last task this morning...bleeding the brakes...and I was set to call it quits since Gord had a 1:00 appointment. While I was washing up, Gord was busy putting the front wheels on the Pack, taking it down off the jackstands, and installing the battery. He wasn't going to quit until we cruised it out the shop door...which we did, thanks to Gord! [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Made home at 11:00 this morning. Just got the Lark off the trailer, and the brake master cylinder, which had had a stuck plunger, fixed itself on the trip home, and it now has brakes. Also, when we loaded it on the trailer, there a loud sporadic popping in the muffler that sounded just like microwave popcorn happening. That has gone away, too, and the engine runs smooth and quiet.

Maybe the Lark is acclimatized to high altitudes?

I'm going to take the seats and floor mats out, and determine just how much metal work is required.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
                X