1958 Scotsman truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Scotsman truck

Hi, I've been offered a '58 Scotsman truck. I can't seem to find much information about it as to rarity, value etc. It's in pretty good shape, no rust, body nearly ready for paint, has black primer on it now. It's original except engine converted to 70's GMC V-8 and 700R4 transmission. I've looked through my Turning Wheels magazines back to 1990 and checked the internet and price guides and can't get any idea of what it's worth. Can anyone give me any advice on this?
    Thanks, Norm

I paid $5600 for this one (59 Scotsman) with a bad engine, now adding the Caddy motor.

http://www.stude.com/Scotsman/

JDP
    Arnold Md.
    Studebaker On The Net
    http://stude.com
    My Ebay Items
    http://www.stude.com/EBAY/

64 GT hawk
    64 Commander 2 dr.
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I paid $5600 for this one (59 Scotsman) with a bad engine, now adding the Caddy motor.

http://www.stude.com/Scotsman/

JDP
      Arnold Md.
      Studebaker On The Net
      http://stude.com
      My Ebay Items
      http://www.stude.com/EBAY/

64 GT hawk
      64 Commander 2 dr.
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
      63 Avanti R1
      63 Daytona convert
      63 Lark 2 door
      63 Lark 2 door #2
      62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
      62 Lark 2 door
      60 Hawk
      59 3E truck
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by walthum

Hi, I've been offered a '58 Scotsman truck. I can't seem to find much information about it as to rarity, value etc. It's in pretty good shape, no rust, body nearly ready for paint, has black primer on it now. It's original except engine converted to 70's GMC V-8 and 700R4 transmission. I've looked through my Turning Wheels magazines back to 1990 and checked the internet and price guides and can't get any idea of what it's worth. Can anyone give me any advice on this?
        Thanks, Norm
        +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey Norm; I am the keeper or the Studebaker Scotsman Truck REGISTER. If you would like an electonic copy, contact me at <M16-52@comcast.net>. The REGISTER has a lot of information including history, code breakouts and serial number imformation.

Worth is relative- its what the owner wants and what the buyer is willing to pay. I've seen Scotsmans sell for a pittance and some have blown me away. Use the above postings as a guide.

Frank Drumheller
        Louisa, VA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by walthum

Thanks, Norm
          +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey Norm; I am the keeper or the Studebaker Scotsman Truck REGISTER. If you would like an electonic copy, contact me at <M16-52@comcast.net>. The REGISTER has a lot of information including history, code breakouts and serial number imformation.

Worth is relative- its what the owner wants and what the buyer is willing to pay. I've seen Scotsmans sell for a pittance and some have blown me away. Use the above postings as a guide.

Frank Drumheller
          Louisa, VA

Comment

I have owned two 1958s and a 1959 Studebaker pickup. I have far more than $10K in the one that I currently own. The last two that I have owned have had far more done to them than an engine/transmission transplant. They both had GM subframes, new interior, new paint, etc. If the truck is stock , other than the engine/trans., and the truck needs paint, I would think $5000-$7000. If you want to go a little more for a pickup that is complete (ps, discs, tilt, A/C, S/R, etc.) you can see mine for sale at www.classiccarmall.net and search for 1950s trucks. I am asking $15,000 for mine. There was a similar '59 pickup on that listing recently for $34.9K (ad pulled, probably due to my listing). By looking at mine and figuring what a paint job, interior, brakes, etc., for the one you are considering, will cost,you should be able to come up with a price/value.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I have owned two 1958s and a 1959 Studebaker pickup. I have far more than $10K in the one that I currently own. The last two that I have owned have had far more done to them than an engine/transmission transplant. They both had GM subframes, new interior, new paint, etc. If the truck is stock , other than the engine/trans., and the truck needs paint, I would think $5000-$7000. If you want to go a little more for a pickup that is complete (ps, discs, tilt, A/C, S/R, etc.) you can see mine for sale at www.classiccarmall.net and search for 1950s trucks. I am asking $15,000 for mine. There was a similar '59 pickup on that listing recently for $34.9K (ad pulled, probably due to my listing). By looking at mine and figuring what a paint job, interior, brakes, etc., for the one you are considering, will cost,you should be able to come up with a price/value.

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X