Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, you want a propeller on your bullet-nose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, you want a propeller on your bullet-nose?

Seems pricey but the heavy work is already done.[)] And, you don't need to drill a hole in your new show chrome!

http://tinyurl.com/onatje

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Very pricy for what you get. Maybe $17.80

Comment

I have revently seen several NOS "Lindberg Props" for bulletnoses, still in the original boxes. If I had a 50 or 51, I'd have to put a prop on it.

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Now for the real question: Radial, Rotary or In-line? and is the hole big enough

Bob

Comment

I have an old Stude truck bed that was made into a utility trailer. It was given to me by a farmer who just wanted it pulled out of the weeds in his pasture. After dragging it home I cleaned it up, packed the bearings, and put on some tires that would hold air. I had an old pitted chrome '50 bullet nose that had one of those aftermarket propellers on it...so I cobbled it onto the front of that old utility trailer. First trip I ever made pulling the trailer with the propeller on the front, the bearing couldn't take the stress and it apparently flew off somewhere along the way. Makes me wonder how those things really held up back in the day.

John Clary
          Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
          SDC member since 1975
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I need an outer ring and will give him $50.00 for it.
            Funny how when you have parts for sale they go cheap and when you need something it costs a fortune,
            Unless you're in good company like you guy's.
            Dean.

Comment

Working...
            X