• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A buddy has his 60 Lark 2dr project on ebay

heres a link to it
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1960-...QQcmdZViewItem

Orlando FLA
    Orlando FLA

where is he located and is there any more pics of it?
    Do you have any idea what he hopes to get for it?
    Not real familiar with ebay but surely he's not going to sell it for $99.99?
    Dean.

Comment

ok,Florida...Duh.
      Would like to see more pics though.
      Dean.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dean pearson

where is he located and is there any more pics of it?
        Do you have any idea what he hopes to get for it?
        Not real familiar with ebay but surely he's not going to sell it for $99.99?
        That's just the opening bid. Bottom of the listing says it is at Auburndale, Florida.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

sigpic
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Interesting that it has the gray trunk color like the '59 cars. That seems to be a fall 1959 built '60 body (Deluxe trim only?) practice as most '60s had body color trunks. Is the front clip attached?

Comment

There is no reserve so it will go to the highest bid unless he pulls the listing prior to it ending.

Bob

, ,

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sweetolbob

There is no reserve so it will go to the highest bid unless he pulls the listing prior to it ending.
              He can't do that without violating eBay rules; could have put a reserve on it for a few more bucks if he wanted. Still, it's certain he'll get more than the $99 opener. How much?? I'll wild-guess $350.

I did mapquest it and it's exactly where I'll be in 2 weeks, and again for Thanksgiving- DisneyWorld[] And me with my trusty tow dolly........

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
              Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Just for the record, EBAY does allow ending a listing early. I found this out when it happened to me.

quote:From the EBAY Site

eBay Motors allows you to end your listing early and send a Transaction Confirmation Request to an eBay member.

Note: A Transaction Confirmation Request cancels all existing bids and Best Offers.

To end your listing early:

Type your item number into the End My Listing Early form. (You can get this number on your listing, on your confirmation email, or on your My eBay page.)

If there are bids on your item, choose between

Cancel bids and end listing early or Sell item to high bidder(s) and end listing early

(If your item has no bids, you can skip this step).

Choose the reason you're ending your listing early.

Your listing will end and will no longer be active on eBay. If there were bidders, they will be emailed that their bid was canceled and the listing ended early.
                Bob

, ,

Comment

Huh... I was under the understanding that it wasn't allowed- after all, why would they have a "reserve" capability?

In any case, it's still not the right thing to do. I doubt that's the case here, or in most cases, though.

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

BAMS

I totally agree with you. It should be like any auction, once it's up for bids it should be sold to the highest bidder.

My guess is that you pay extra for the reserve and some of the cheap sellers (CASO's) don't want to pay the extra fee.

Kinda makes EBAY's arguments that they are only an auction site a weaker argument.

Bob

, ,

Comment

It's only something like 7 bucks for a reserve on a car. Not worth trying to dodge IMO.

Back to the car- looks like a good starting point for somebody! Odds are probably greater that a non-Stude guy will buy it for a rod.

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Would you have to be a non Stude guy to rod it?
                        I'm roddin my car.
                        Or are you saying some guy thats looking for any old car?
                        Dean.

Comment

I'm roddin my car.
                          Not at all. Nothing wrong with that in my book. What I am saying is, these bodies seem to have more appeal than others to the non-Stude enthusiasts looking for something different. They're used to the prices of Novas, Mustangs, and Challengers, and this will look like a super-bargain to them; drop in a Chevy drivetrain, rims, and non-Stude buckets and have a cool car, without the huge initial outlay! Less chance of having a Stude enthusiast buy it to restore to original, I'd think- although it's surely possible.

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

I'm roddin my car.
                            Not at all. Nothing wrong with that in my book. What I am saying is, these bodies seem to have more appeal than others to the non-Stude enthusiasts looking for something different. They're used to the prices of Novas, Mustangs, and Challengers, and this will look like a super-bargain to them; drop in a Chevy drivetrain, rims, and non-Stude buckets and have a cool car, without the huge initial outlay! Less chance of having a Stude enthusiast buy it to restore to original, I'd think- although it's surely possible.

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Yep, they have great potential in the nostalgia drag race scene as gassers. This does have potential in the that realm. what about an R2/3 Gasser?

Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Just for the "halibut", here's another comparable; good news, HT; bad news, West coast:

http://seattle.en.craigslist.org/sno...361088938.html

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X