Stude Drag Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Drag Info

Just to let you know what we have finalized for the drags at the International Meet and the FAST/PureStock race in Martin, Michigan.

We will have drags at Osceola on Friday, June 22nd. Gates will open at 2:00 pm and should be able to start racing by 4:00 or maybe a little before. The banquet is at 7:00 so people will be able to attent the drags for at least a couple hours and still make it back for the banquet if they plan to attend it.

We can then head for Martin, Michigan (about 90 mile north of South Bend on US131) either Friday nite or early Saturday morning. I think I'll plan to go into Michigan and stay Friday night so I won't have to get up so early Saturday to get there. For those of us racing at Martin, we need to be there when the strip opens as they are going to let us make our qualifying runs on Saturday morning. The rest have to make their qualifying runs on Friday.

It's early so something might change or you may have some questions but this should pretty well be the plan.

Bob Palma will get the info in TW and I'll post it on the newsgroups again the last of May or first of June. We will try to have directions to both Osceola and Martin for those wanting to attend.

Ted

Sooo....let me get this straight...

1. A whole week of perhaps the biggest and best International Meet ever

2. "Unofficial" drags the Friday afternoon of the meet, and...

3. Pure Stock Muscle Car drags on Saturday.

[8D]

(I've got a good idea where I will be mid June [])

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

[8D]

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I'm wishing my life away.[]

Comment

I'm wishing my life away.[]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

[8D]

You've got that right, Dick!

The only downside to all this is that it will not be possible to participate in the Studebaker Proving Ground Driving Tour and be 90 miles away at U.S.131 Motorsports Park ("Martin Dragway") simultaneously Saturday morning. [V]

Life should have so many choices, eh? [8D] BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

[8D]

You've got that right, Dick!

The only downside to all this is that it will not be possible to participate in the Studebaker Proving Ground Driving Tour and be 90 miles away at U.S.131 Motorsports Park ("Martin Dragway") simultaneously Saturday morning. [V]

Life should have so many choices, eh? [8D] BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
              X