4 spd bellhousings in stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 spd bellhousings in stock?

I was chasing part numbers on the SASCO website and discovered that they had a 4 sp bellhousing in stock #1552737.

Which T-10 works with this bellhousing native to the 61-62 model years.

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
    The Replacements.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

Jeff, that part number is in the '59-'64 Chassis Parts Catalog as fitting '61V and '62V L8,Y8,J8,C,K models with 4 speed. That is the early 4 speed housing used to the middle of '62 before being replaced by the 3 speed housing for the Ford case T-10. It fits the '61 Chevy case T-10 that has the lower R/H mounting bolt hole far to the right in a special round "sleeve" added for the Chevy. case 4 speed.
    When Ford began useing 4 speeds in 1962, it became cheaper buy those T-10's to use the standard 3 speed housing which also fits all Borg Warner 3 speed T-86 & T-86 O.D. Used from mid '62 to 1964.
    Hope this helps, Rich.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Jeff, that part number is in the '59-'64 Chassis Parts Catalog as fitting '61V and '62V L8,Y8,J8,C,K models with 4 speed. That is the early 4 speed housing used to the middle of '62 before being replaced by the 3 speed housing for the Ford case T-10. It fits the '61 Chevy case T-10 that has the lower R/H mounting bolt hole far to the right in a special round "sleeve" added for the Chevy. case 4 speed.
      When Ford began useing 4 speeds in 1962, it became cheaper buy those T-10's to use the standard 3 speed housing which also fits all Borg Warner 3 speed T-86 & T-86 O.D. Used from mid '62 to 1964.
      Hope this helps, Rich.

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks for the info

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
        The Replacements.