• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59 Lark Convertible??

I didn't think they made them until 1960? What gives?[?][?]

http://www.tjsamericanhotrods.com/im...rk_convertible

Fred
    o|||||||o

I'd like to know their "research" source- and see the VIN tag. Being a semi-custom I bet it was built from a car needing restoring, then re-titled the wrong year; then the "research story was fabricated and passed along with the car. Not only did the seller not show the top, he didn't even know how to spell "Haartz".

I vote... show me da proof

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

The front left tire is flatter than the model..................

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Guess mine is the second. [8D] It was built in 1959 for sure, it's on my P.O. It's still a 1960 model, however. There were quite a few made before January 1st, so this one is not 1 of 2, even though it has a '59 grill and '59 turn signals. BTW, notice the body tag is gone. If this sold for $22,500, yippee.

Comment

Must be one of those "late" '59s with the complete '60 interior, side mirror, rear side trim and the really late production '62 style engine and trans (under hood trans filler).

Skinny
          Watertown, SD
          Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

It was built in 1959 for sure, it's on my P.O. It's still a 1960 model, however. There were quite a few made before January 1st
            Of course that's true, but he's claiming it's licensed as a '59... I'd be curious as to how that came about......

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

wrong horn button!!!!knock off $1000.00

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
              canbstudebakers-

]
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Originally posted by bams50
                Of course that's true, but he's claiming it's licensed as a '59... I'd be curious as to how that came about......

Where does he claim that in that ad, Bob? Did you call him and ask? Mine is licensed as a '59; year of manufacture historical plates. Doesn't make it a rare 1 of 2, it's a 1960 model year. Of course, if his serial number plate reads 59V and is still spot welded we'll have a winner. Don't think so. Maybe he is confusing it with his sold '59 2 door hardtop- looks just like it. But, he is claiming research, so can't argue with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnys Garage

Must be one of those "late" '59s with the complete '60 interior, side mirror, rear side trim and the really late production '62 style engine and trans (under hood trans filler).

Scott, doesn't that look an early '62, or '61 engine? I thought the free flow blocks differentiated itself from that oil filler/filter type in later '62.

Comment

Originally posted by bams50

Where does he claim that in that ad, Bob?
                    The title of the ad, in big letters, says "1959 Studebaker Lark Convertible". If he's claiming that as the year, doesn't it follow that that's what the title must say??

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Scott, doesn't that look an early '62, or '61 engine? I thought the free flow blocks differentiated itself from that oil filler/filter type in later '62.
                      Your right Dave. I knew what I was trying to say when I wrote it, but it just came out wrong.[B)]
                      What I was trying to say is that the '62 style engine would be really, really, late production for a '59. Yes, it appears it's an early '62 without full flow and coloring just like my two '62s. My '61s have orange valve covers. Sorry for the confusion.[:I]

Skinny
                      Watertown, SD

Comment

Yeah, but in little letters you said "licensed". He doesn't say, title, or licensed. I see a Betty Boop license plate. You're a reputable dealer, Bob, some are...well, not.
                        If this is titled as a '59 (and I don't doubt that it is) as a result of this guy's research, it is pure title bureau wizardry. You know how that happens, Bams. [:0] Whomever paid $22,500 is not going to be happy when someone explains what this minor meld of parts really is.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion.[:I]

No problem, I still owe you for that whole Buick vs. Olds thing! Man, that Skylark was fast.
                          All paint and parts mixing aside here, how the heck can he sell it in that condition for $22,500? You know the sold part may be true for all of those cars, but leaving the asking price up is awful misleading.

Comment

No problem, I still owe you for that whole Buick vs. Olds thing! Man, that Skylark was fast.
                            I just knew you thought you had me this time! Maybe someday grasshopper......

Skinny
                            Watertown, SD

Comment

My 289 is an early '62, sensei. My car has many donors itself. It's 1 of 1.. in my county.

Comment

Working...
                              X