RIPPED OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIPPED OFF

Yeah I know it's not a big deal but it still amaze's me. While attaining a tractor pull and meet sunday I had my truck on display and some one took my chrome gas cap off my truck and walked away with it.
    It was a cap I personally made for it. It was a chrome locking cap in the unlocked postion cause it had no key and it had the lazy S logo on the little flip cover that went over the key slot.
    Will the jokes on them the cap was generic and the S key cover I put on it myself. So it wasn't an original although it looked cool.
    Why is it people have to be so dam sorry these days. I'm waiting to see it on E-Bay any time now.
    Yeah it's petty,But I guess I can count my blessing I didn't have something else missed with. But from now on I'll lock up the cab and won't allow anyone to look under the hood. So thanks you crumb bum S.O.B. theifing bastard where ever you are.
    Sorry I released this on everyone but I had to vent. I give parts away all the time that are far more valuable then it to people who need something, but for someone to steal stuff off my truck. "GRRRRRRR"

While visiting Gettysburg a decade ago, someone relieved my '63 of its stainless valve stem caps.

You just can't calculate for stupid...and, you can't let it get to you.

"Trust in Allah but tether your camel."

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I didn't get one stolen... well kinda, I bought one with that flap almost two years ago on Ebay knowing it wasn't for a Stude, but I liked it, hoping it would fit something I had. I asked for a key for it after I got it, since it had been advertised as a "locking" gas cap. He said to send it back and he'd have his key guy do it. Never got it back. I had already given him a positive feedback. Maybe it's the same loser. Sorry for your loss, JYD.

Comment

Brad, they were doing that in Iowa this year, too.

Comment

Bob that is unfortunate that someone would stoop to ripping off a gas cap from your truck.
          I have not been a member of the forum very long but what I have read and witnessed from the members of this forum is that everyone seems to be very helpful. you've got sharp people helping others that have problems with their cars,offering advice , offering parts and you have guys like Bob Peterson returning money to someone who lost it at Cedar Rapids. I mean good good people. So its unfortunate when we come across someone who would steal something off of a vehicle that we have slaved over, however small of an item it is , So go ahead and vent.
          PS I am a firm believer in karma although VOODOO is probably not a bad idea either

Comment

Yes I know it was for Stant or some brand other then Studebaker as I put the cap together myself. The lazy style S was a perfect match for Studebaker, Thats why I put it together like that. Anyway I still had the factory painted one sitting on my work bench so I had something to put on it as soon as I got back home. I just moments before had my video camera and some other stuff just sitting there on the seat so all in all I really lucked out.
            I guess I'm going to have to keep a watch full eye on it from now on at such meets but I had a close friend just 30 some feet away with his exhibit close to me and he was there all the time and I know if he had of seen them he'd of kicked their ass, He would of taken them down without me haveing to say a word. I saw some guys looking at my truck one time and they were leaning up against it so I figure it was them but I was some 100 yards away talking to someone at the time and couldn't get to them to see them close I figure that was the moment it happened but trusting me I figured better of the people.

I'm a firm believer what go's around comes around to people like that. Now if it would of been my matching 57 full disc hubcaps off my 57 Commander that I currently have on it that got stolen I think I may have over reacted on that note and god knows how I would of behaved.

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

As an unrelated side note:
            That locking gas cap is made by Stant, and the 'S' stands for Stant.
            Stant just recently filed for bankruptcy.
            Sad for a company that is 100 years old...

http://www.stant.com/brochure.cfm?br...ocation_id=119

Comment

Working...
            X