Stude pics in old magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude pics in old magazines

If I can get this dang image thing down I have a couple I would like to share.

Bob40
    Mono mind in a stereo world

I've seen that car somewhere before, but in a different color~
    Now if only I could remember where I saw that car once before...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I've seen that car somewhere before, but in a different color~
      Now if only I could remember where I saw that car once before...

StudeDave [8D]
      V/P San Diego County SDC
      San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
      '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
      '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
      '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
      '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
      '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Wasn't it in TW once before? I think it may have had a caption like: Intesting Customs Were Everywhere.

If not TW, it was our chapter newsletter. [?]

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, Georgia
        '59 Scotsman PU
        '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Wasn't it in TW once before? I think it may have had a caption like: Intesting Customs Were Everywhere.

If not TW, it was our chapter newsletter. [?]

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, Georgia
          '59 Scotsman PU
          '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

I thought that car was at South Bend in '02. Meta-Flake purple or something like that.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I thought that car was at South Bend in '02. Meta-Flake purple or something like that.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That's what I was thinking too StudeBob; but I couldn't find my TW issue that covered that meet! []

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, Georgia
                '59 Scotsman PU
                '63 Daytona HT

Comment

That's what I was thinking too StudeBob; but I couldn't find my TW issue that covered that meet! []

Matthew Burnette
                  Hazlehurst, Georgia
                  '59 Scotsman PU
                  '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Here's the car at South Bend in 2002. Notice the magazine display in the trunk:

[img] http://home.comcast.net/~jdwain/63.63.jpg [/img]
                    Dwain G.
                    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Here's the car at South Bend in 2002. Notice the magazine display in the trunk:

[img] http://home.comcast.net/~jdwain/63.63.jpg [/img]
                      Dwain G.
                      Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Thanks for the pics!

This car is straight from the '50's.

The interior, club plaque hanging under the bumper, lakes pipes...[8D]

But what's up with the '55 dash on the passenger side? []

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, Georgia
                        '59 Scotsman PU
                        '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Thanks for the pics!

This car is straight from the '50's.

The interior, club plaque hanging under the bumper, lakes pipes...[8D]

But what's up with the '55 dash on the passenger side? []

Matthew Burnette
                          Hazlehurst, Georgia
                          '59 Scotsman PU
                          '63 Daytona HT

Comment

Yes, that car belongs to SDCer Tony Wisniewski [Whiz-ness-key] of Ft. Wayne IN. (Or at least I think he still owns it; he is listed as still owning it in the 2006 SDC Roster and I can't imagine him selling it.)

You may have seen Tony with his modified C-cab in the SASCO "courtyard" during the May Studebaker Indiana Swap Meet last year. Tony is a long-time SDC s**t-kicker on modified Studes, carrying that torch in SDC long before it was cool to do so.

I've known Tony for many years; he's endured a lot of static within SDC about modifieds over the years...and much as he gripes about it, I think he kinda likes it! Guys who think they've had a hard time with modifieds [}] in the last ten years need to talk to Tony about "the good ol' days" and find out how easy they have it!

Tony Wisniewski is a great guy and has been a fine Studebaker representative at custom car shows for decades. [8D] BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Yes, that car belongs to SDCer Tony Wisniewski [Whiz-ness-key] of Ft. Wayne IN. (Or at least I think he still owns it; he is listed as still owning it in the 2006 SDC Roster and I can't imagine him selling it.)

You may have seen Tony with his modified C-cab in the SASCO "courtyard" during the May Studebaker Indiana Swap Meet last year. Tony is a long-time SDC s**t-kicker on modified Studes, carrying that torch in SDC long before it was cool to do so.

I've known Tony for many years; he's endured a lot of static within SDC about modifieds over the years...and much as he gripes about it, I think he kinda likes it! Guys who think they've had a hard time with modifieds [}] in the last ten years need to talk to Tony about "the good ol' days" and find out how easy they have it!

Tony Wisniewski is a great guy and has been a fine Studebaker representative at custom car shows for decades. [8D] BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X