This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool photo gallery

Ran across several pages of pix taken at Arizona's Gold King Mine, which is a resting place for old cars and heavy-duty trucks. There's Studebakers all through it! The gallery starts with a '54 Commander sedan, but not long after you find a 1938 K-35 that was an ex-Shell Oil tanker tractor. There's a couple of Larks and a very original use for the back window of a '50 Star Light, too. Thought you might enjoy.

http://www.turnpikecruiser.com/galle...rip/Gold_King/

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

When I was there in 1994 I recall seeing a M series truck with a Ross Perot presidential sticker on it ("Ross for Boss"). I know that my wife got a shot of me next to it. I will have to dig out the album and scan in a copy.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

When I was there in 1994 I recall seeing a M series truck with a Ross Perot presidential sticker on it ("Ross for Boss"). I know that my wife got a shot of me next to it. I will have to dig out the album and scan in a copy.

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

That's pretty cool!

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, Georgia
        '59 Scotsman PU
        '63 Daytona HT

http://mbstudebaker.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's pretty cool!

Matthew Burnette
          Hazlehurst, Georgia
          '59 Scotsman PU
          '63 Daytona HT

http://mbstudebaker.blogspot.com/

Comment

That old tanker reminds me of the truck in Steven Spielbergs first movie "Duel". I loved tha movie when I was a kid!
            Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

That old tanker reminds me of the truck in Steven Spielbergs first movie "Duel". I loved tha movie when I was a kid!
              Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

Comment

So now I know what else I can use to replace my steering wheel--- that '54 has a '56 wheel in it!!!

I remember this town well~ In 1984 Dad, Mike and I loaded up Dad's '64 Daytona ht and a pop-up tent trailer to 'escape' Los Angeles during the Olympics. In Jerome, Az. (on a Saturday night if I remember right) we lost a wheel bearing on the trailer, and got to stay the night there--- it took some time to find a replacement. What an interesting place it was!!! It seems to me that we found an old building that once was a Stude dealership...
                I don't remember seeing any of these cars or trucks, though!!!

StudeDave [8D]
                V/P San Diego County SDC
                San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

So now I know what else I can use to replace my steering wheel--- that '54 has a '56 wheel in it!!!

I remember this town well~ In 1984 Dad, Mike and I loaded up Dad's '64 Daytona ht and a pop-up tent trailer to 'escape' Los Angeles during the Olympics. In Jerome, Az. (on a Saturday night if I remember right) we lost a wheel bearing on the trailer, and got to stay the night there--- it took some time to find a replacement. What an interesting place it was!!! It seems to me that we found an old building that once was a Stude dealership...
                  I don't remember seeing any of these cars or trucks, though!!!

StudeDave [8D]
                  V/P San Diego County SDC
                  San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                  '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                  '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                  '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                  '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                  '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

For those that are not familiar with Jerome, it was once a booming mining town that boasted a population of around 15,000 people. Over time the mines began to play out and the town slowly died. It is constructed on the side of a mountain and the numerous mine blasts caused many of the buildings (including the jail) to slide down the hill.

By the 1960's the town was virtually abandoned, but was soon taken over by "hippies" who were mainly astisans. In the intervening years many of the old historic buildings have been saved and today it is known as an arts community. If you are ever in the Prescott/Cottonwood/Sedona area, it is well worth the trip over on Rt. 89.

Still looking for my pictures of the Studes there.

Comment

For those that are not familiar with Jerome, it was once a booming mining town that boasted a population of around 15,000 people. Over time the mines began to play out and the town slowly died. It is constructed on the side of a mountain and the numerous mine blasts caused many of the buildings (including the jail) to slide down the hill.

By the 1960's the town was virtually abandoned, but was soon taken over by "hippies" who were mainly astisans. In the intervening years many of the old historic buildings have been saved and today it is known as an arts community. If you are ever in the Prescott/Cottonwood/Sedona area, it is well worth the trip over on Rt. 89.

Still looking for my pictures of the Studes there.

Comment

Working...
                      X