Traveling to Phoenix 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to Phoenix 2010

I just finished booking our rooms for the Glendale Meet, we are really looking forward to it. This week I'll contact Vintage Air and order a new Compressor bracket so we can arrive alive and not burnt to a crisp. We've road tested the Wagonaire pretty well this summer putting on over 4500 miles to date and there's still our fall tour yet to go.

Reading the various threads, there certainly seems to be some interest in the 2010 meet. I have read that a number of folks from the eastern part of the US are planning the trip as are a few of us from Central Canada. Is there a way to establish a page or link so that people, such as myself, can plot out our route and dates of travel and post them at this "link" so that members along the way can make contact with those of us on the road.

After viewing Bob Johnson caravan to the coast posted at his site, I thought maybe we could do some type of 'in-transit' activity, posting our various locations and the members we met along the way.
    I just thought it would be interesting to get a little taste from the many members who will be making this trip and others along the way.

I cannot do anything technical on a computer, like set up a web page to do this, truth be told I'm pushing the envelope just tickling these keys.

Does this have any merit?
    Your thoughts.

Bill Foy
    Kingston, Ontario
    1964 Wagonaire Slider
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

I am sure a Glendale 2010 Forum will appear in due time such as was done with the Cedar Rapids meet.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

We promise to show you a good time. Rally the troops and bring a caravan.
      Denny L

Comment

Good for you, Bill! For me it's 2400 miles one way, I don't even want to drive that in a modern car[xx(] Maybe if I didn't have to get back to work...

I do hope to get a look around the area some while I'm there, but we'll see... I'm not even sure I'll be able to get away then! I booked my room, though (thinking positive!)

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

We are going but we decided against driving one of the Studes , its just too far . Wouldn't be bad one way but after a week of all that excitement I don't want to drive home and anyways we booked flights out of Buffalo and heck the cost of that wouldn't feed the Studebaker one way !
          See ya there though , sure looking forward to it

[IMG]
          Home of the Fried Green Tomato
          "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
          1964 Daytona HT
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Bams what is 2400 miles? I have driven that much to the last 4 trips east...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
            canbstudebakers-

]
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Bams-Whether you come with a Stude, Brand X, Boeing, or AirBus just come. See you in Arizona.
              Denny L

Comment

I'm planning on going. My problem is I will probably want to adopt something that will need to be driven...or dragged back. Bams is a bad influence

Comment

Hey BP- I do love my road trips, but I'd need too many extra days to allow driving. I would love to see the country along the way! Not to mention I'll hate not having my trusty tow dolly with me (just in case). Dave, I'm not a bad influence, I'm helping you!!

Denny, you can bet, if it's at all possible I'll see you there!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

The Glendale Meet already has a good feel to it & so far we have a room booked for us at Meet Headquarters. If Qantas has a problem flying across the big pond then I guess we can still swim.

"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER"
                    MELBOURNE.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
                    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you Jim. We will have lots of toys on display in the memorbilia room.
                      Denny L

Comment

Interesting, all this far-flung buzz about the Glendale meet: California, Ohio, New York, Ontario...and Australia! I too am mulling making Glendale my first International meet (aboard "The Pretend Wagonaire", my Pontiac Vibe; depending how the next couple months go here I may actually be out of real Studes by next May anyway, but certainly not out of SDC). Have never been to AZ. Old planes are another passion of mine and AZ has plenty of those; and of course it would be most cool to see so many Studebakers I'd not otherwise get the chance to see except in TW or here on the Forum...Plus, May's about the best month of all for vacation time when you work at a university. Now if I can just hang onto the Lark until then...

S.

Comment

Add Pennsylvania to the list of attending states for the 2010 meet. We spend some time out there each winter and I love the area. Lots of interesting things to see, good eats, and just an all around great spot to visit. Might be warm but NOT humid. I can't wait. AND, the AZ chapter people are fantastic and know how to organize and run a first rate meet. If you are 'thinking' of going, call the host hotel, make a res, and join the fun. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

toyman

Comment

I'm seriously thinking of attending the meet as it's an easy day's drive for my 62 Hawk. Bud

Comment

We are thinking of coming over, since our daughter wants to spend her 21st birthday in Las Vegas (May 31) and looks like about a 6 hour drive from there!
                              We will be taking the "Big Bird" no vending this time.
                              Bud, get with me, have NOT seen you in almost 20 years!

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X