Am I nuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt,

Wasn't someone looking for the chrome (stainless) molding that I see around the windows about a week or so???

George
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car.

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe
    George King
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Yes George. And my granddad actually sent him that piece from another Wagon he has. Including the junkers and Dad's nice one, there are 4 '64 Wagonaire's here.

Comment

Focus young man, your mind is wondering, Focus your money and time on one at a time. Fix that truck, it seems from the little time I've known you on the fourm there are more memory's tied up in the Orange Crate, Get it on the road, and the hauling problem takes care of itself.

Just my advice. Spreading limited funds over several projects leaves a you with the feeling of.....never getting anything done.

KD

ChopStu

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 4961Studebaker

Focus young man, your mind is wondering, Focus your money and time on one at a time. Fix that truck, it seems from the little time I've known you on the fourm there are more memory's tied up in the Orange Crate, Get it on the road, and the hauling problem takes care of itself.

Just my advice. Spreading limited funds over several projects leaves a you with the feeling of.....never getting anything done.

KD

ChopStu

ChopStu has a point. I know from personal experience how big a point it is. Still I understand the interest in a wagon....

Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Editor of "The Down Easterner"
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Yep.. You guys are right.

Still looking for C Cab front fenders, and getting desperate... [8)]

Comment

My friend; Gloom, despair, agony and grief await you if you try to do anything with this puppy. Read my post on the saga of fixing up and Avanti. I fixed up a '63 sliding roof Wagonaire back in '73 and the parts car I bought was complete and much nicer than this one. After we scavenged the usable parts, my late uncle took his bulldozer and pushed the hulk into a ditch where we gave it a decent burial...[xx(] Good luck.

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Don't answer that, I already know what you're gonna say. [:I]

I reeeeeeally want a Wagon. My granddad has this '64 Daytona Wagonaire, original a 289 FOM car in Astra White. (Bob Palma Special. ).

All it needs it doors, rocker panels, front floorboards, rear quarter panels, a front clip, engine and tranny, a tailgate, new glass, a paint job, and a complete interior.

IF I can round up enough parts, I MIGHT fix the thing...

So, anyone have a set of rockers and quarter panels? (Or maybe cut off the lower portions from a parts car, I can weld them in). I have a line on a tailgate, hopefully he'll sell it.

Or... Maybe someone in the Southeast has a better candidate? I'm not picky. As long as it's buildable and CHEAP. I found 2 57 Packard Wagons, priced at $3K for the pair. If I had the cash, they'd be heading this way. [xx(]

edp/NC
              \'63 Avanti
              \'66 Commander

Comment

Went by the shop today. My granddad has everything needed to do a V8 swap into my 59 pickup. I have the 289 and he has all the other important pieces.

I'm fixin' my truck. Maybe I'll slap on a bed cover, and pretend it's a wagon. [)]

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Matt--

Here ya go...

"Enjoy"...[]

S.

Comment

Nice, Steve.

All it needs is everything.

Comment

Hey Matt, no problem wanting a wagon, they are tons of fun, and more versitle than some other cars. But I would fix the truck first, and maybe the daytona, then do up a wagon. To me, that white '64 is still saveable,except for that rear quarter panel and the missing front clip, but I am ambitious. It would probely be cheaper to get a better start, unless you want to do a little customizing.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                      Dylan Wills
                      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Still a couple parts left on that '59. [8D] Save the hood especially. That's an old picture, is that still up there?

Comment

Matt--

I think it's too late even for "everything"...A hulk like this is strangely photogenic, though! Or at least a melancholiac like myself thinks so...but hey, I also took a couple hundred photos at SASCO during the zone/swap meet...

David--

The pix were taken in March of this year; the Lark hulk is still there, yes, but you really have to watch for it to see it from the road now, as the vegetation surrounds it again. (The car's probably glad it can't easily be seen...) And yeah, there probably are more than a few useable "little pieces parts" on the hulk. Even the engine (flathead 6) is still in situ.

S.

Comment

quote:I'm fixin' my truck. Maybe I'll slap on a bed cover, and pretend it's a wagon.
                            Was Gary Ash the one who recreated a Caravan Top for a C-cab?
                            I seem to recall pretty detailed process photos on the Forum a couple years ago.

Brad Johnson
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Steve T

strangely photogenic
                              I was thinking the same exact thing. It's sad to see it that far gone, yet I'm attracted to the pictures just the same[:X] I saved them to my computer and tried to use it for my desktop background, but it's not hi-res enough for my big monitor to be very clear I did like seeing 'em though!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Steve T: I think that one qualifies as a "pink crustacean" as in the Jimmy Buffet song, "A White Sports coat and a Pink Crustacean."

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                                Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
                                X