No announcement yet.

good photoshopper needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing that stainless '36 Ford reminds me that a good friend of mine just located one reposing in an old garage only about 30 minutes from me. This was less than two years ago. He bought it and is having it restored. It is the only one of the four that is still in private hands. See http://dalesdesigns.net/ss-ford.htm

1936 FORD STAINLESS STEEL SEDAN

This is the 1936 Ford Sedan built for and owned by Allegheny Ludlum Steel. This is 1 of only 4 in existence and is the only one currently in running & in roadworthy condition. The car is in exceptional condition, with the interior and even the frame looking great. All 4 cars each had over 200,000 miles on them before they removed them from service. These cars were built for Allegheny as promotional and marketing projects. The top salesmen each year were given the honor of being able to drive them for one year. The v-8 engine (max 85 hp) ran like a sewing machine and was surprisingly smooth and quiet.

Richard Quinn
    editor: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Cathy passed a Delorean about one-half mile from our home this week. We tend to notice them because I ordered one new.

You mention Delorean. I just wrote to Motor Trend about how Delorean approved the report that killed the idea to manufacture the four door sedan (Type 542) that Porsche built for Studebaker. The September Motor Trend has a page on four door Porsches, before the Panamera that they cover in that issue.

I believe that there were four different series of stainless steel promotional cars built. They were all Ford Motors products, including Lincoln (for Bob A.).

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I have a 1954 Allegheny-Ludlum brochure that has all American cars and some other items.

And a computer...

Leonard Shepherd
        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

NICE! This one really captures the line weight of the brush stroke.
          The only thing missing is the little "zing!" on the last stroke.

Andy
          62 GT

Andy
          62 GT

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
            There is a local banker that bought a Delorean new back when and had it gold-plated as an investment for his grandchildren. Put it in a glass case in his bank lobby. Don't know what ever happened to it.

I wonder if its this one in Harrah's in Reno, although the info card states it was one of two commsioned by AMEX.

Craig
            Last edited by 8E45E; 01-02-2011, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
              Seeing that stainless '36 Ford reminds me that a good friend of mine just located one reposing in an old garage only about 30 minutes from me. This was less than two years ago. He bought it and is having it restored. It is the only one of the four that is still in private hands. See http://dalesdesigns.net/ss-ford.htm
              Is this the one at the start of this thread, Richard?

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...est-your-skill...

Craig

Comment

I dont' have a picture of it, and I'm not sure it's been mentioned above, but there is a Stainless '36 Ford in the Heintz History Center in Pittsburgh. If memory serves, there were 5 built, one is unaccounted for.

Comment

On Southern State Parkway on Long Island, NY on Friday I was passed by a Delorean. I see one here in the Wappinger area, but I was surprised to see one going well over the limit in a high traffic area. On that same day, I passed a new Bentley convertible and some other interesting cars.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                    On that same day, I passed a new Bentley convertible and some other interesting cars.
                    About twenty or more years ago, you used to look twice when you saw a new Bentley, Rolls Royce, Ferarri, Maserati, et al. Nowadays, they seem to be common enough (at least in this area) that you don't find yourself looking twice at one going down the road; especially in the summer months when there's no salt on the roads.

Craig

Comment

Hey Matthew i saw your Starlight Stainless decal on the back of Toms scooter sunday at our meeting
                      in Cartersville.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny R2 View Post
                        Hey Matthew i saw your Starlight Stainless decal on the back of Toms scooter sunday at our meeting
                        in Cartersville.
                        Hey Lenny. Good to know that Tom is still advertising for me!

I was planning to be at that meeting, but life got in the way.

Comment

Working...
                        X