canadian parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canadian parts

when studebaker stoped production in 1966 did they use up all of there stock on hand or scraped it? or did someone buy the parts? just wandering? i like the grill on the 66's better than the 64 or65 grill. i'ts all a matter of personal taste.

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

search forum for "sasco"

http://www.studeparts.com/

Comment

I put a '66 front end on my '63 for that reason.

Comment

I was just upstairs in SASCO and there is a ton of '66 front bright metal stuff

[IMG]
        Home of the Fried Green Tomato
        "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
        1964 Daytona HT
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

From what I've been told - by folks who were involved - while a fair amount DID find it's way south after Hamilton's shutdown, alot of it didn't. Especially accessory items and brightwork. You'd think that 66 side mouldings would be numerous - you'd think wrong. Same with hubcaps.
          While no one's said so specifically, I figure they brought enough south to support dealer service as SASCO had promised they would.[V]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

From what I've been told - by folks who were involved - while a fair amount DID find it's way south after Hamilton's shutdown, alot of it didn't. Especially accessory items and brightwork. You'd think that 66 side mouldings would be numerous - you'd think wrong. Same with hubcaps.
            While no one's said so specifically, I figure they brought enough south to support dealer service as SASCO had promised they would.[V]
            Back in the early '70s Standard Surplus had piles of '66 full wheel covers- selling for $9.95 a set of four.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

sigpic
            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
            X