32' Special Photo Anybody recognize this building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32' Special Photo Anybody recognize this building

I just bought this photo it is very large 24" X 19.5" and extremely detailed. I recognize the large concrete pillars from a Studebaker Building, but don't know which one. I talked to Gary Ash and he thought that those cars were photo'ed at another builders shop for Studebaker at a seperate location, till I mentioned the pillars.

[img][/img]

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock

59' 4E2 122 Scotsman Deluxe V8 4spd curb side fender

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

I would guess engineering.
    The original '31 was put together by Studebaker engineers, but not under the direction of management. They did it for their personal satisfaction, on a lark, so to speak. It's performance at Indianapolis and Pikes Peak so impressed management they instructed them to build four more for '32.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

That photo was in The Antique Studebaker Review a couple years ago. Therein, Dick Quinn gave a thorough description of where it was, who they people were, etc.

I'm sorry I don't keep my ASRs (I pass them on the The Veteran's Administration Hospital in Indianapolis), but someone who does should be able to locate it fairly easily. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
      X