Anyone on the forum from .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone on the forum from .......

North Alabama? Looking for fellow Studebaker folks in my AO.

SteveH

Its not the years in your life that matters, its the life in your years.

Steve,
    If you're a member of SDC, why not join the North Alabama Chapter?
    http://www.alabamastudes.com/

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Steve I'm in B-Ham....

Bill, Many Fords and one great Stude!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Steve,
        If you're a member of SDC, why not join the North Alabama Chapter?
        http://www.alabamastudes.com/

I am a member of the SDC, and I tried the local chapter but unfortunately the club is not active. From what I understand one of the long time driving forces behind the club passed away a few months ago and the they have not been holding regular meetings since. I was hoping to find some locals to go to cruise-ins and network for parts and stuff.

SteveH

Comment

Steve,

You might try tracing down whoeve had a membership roster for that chapter. That would show you where it's members were. There's a Jerry Ikard in Meridianville that I've found via the SDC national roster and google maps. I'll E-mail you his contact info and you could contact him for info.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Steve,

I am not in north Alabama, but I am in Wetumpka, just north of Montgomery.
            I am in central AL. I have 2 53's now. A sedan and a coupe.

Tex E. Grier

Comment

Alabama has 117 SDC memberships. There must be a few within easy driving distance of you. How about working to resurrect that chapter?

Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

Alabama has 117 SDC memberships. There must be a few within easy driving distance of you. How about working to resurrect that chapter?
                Thanks for info guys. Gary, I am more than willing to do that. Just trying to figure out where to start

Comment

quote:Originally posted by SteveH

quote:Originally posted by studegary

Thanks for info guys. Gary, I am more than willing to do that. Just trying to figure out where to start

Try to contact any existing or previous officers of the inactive chapter. Get their last membership list. Use it and all of the SDC members within a 100 mile radius (from an SDC Roster) for a mailing to invite them to a reorganization meeting that you have set up (an inexpensive eatery works best) for about one month after the mailing.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Perhaps Ed Burris, your Zone Director could supply you with a SDC members list in your Zone. Many of the SDC members may not have been in the Chapter and could be interested.
                    Bylaws require Chapter members be members of SDC; they do not require members of SDC to be Chapter members.

Brad Johnson
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Perhaps Ed Burris, your Zone Director could supply you with a SDC members list in your Zone. Many of the SDC members may not have been in the Chapter and could be interested.
                      Bylaws require Chapter members be members of SDC; they do not require members of SDC to be Chapter members.

Brad Johnson
                      Good idea and good source. Keep in mind that you would need the last four quarterly lists to have a complete listing. The chapter should also have those quarterly reports. Each report only covers one quarter (it takes four consecutive reports to have the complete story.). That is why I mentioned the SDC Roster. I thought that might be simpler, with all of the names and addresses in one document. Of course, the quarterly lists will be a little more up to date.

Ed Burris is the Director and Wayne Lee is the Zone Coordinator for your Zone (including AL). Refer to the back of any recent Turning Wheels for their mailing addresses and e-mail addresses.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                      X