Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to all that advice we gave Matt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to all that advice we gave Matt?

was that thread yanked? Something we said? Peace, Huck

Gary Hildebrandt

I don't know but I hope it is "Incubating!"

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

It's still here..

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=30372

And yes, I'm still soaking it all in.

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Thank you Matthew. I just could not find that thread. By the way, I got my new Turning Wheels today and am saving your article for a bed time story. I agree with Bob Palma. You do have writting talent. Keep up the good work! Huck

Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

When Matthew doesn't have a REAL job, he has to be my helper. This week I had him on a rooftop building a chimney in 100 degree sunshine. If that doesn't make him do some serious thinking, then I don't know what to do with him. NT

Neil Thornton
          Hazlehurst, GA
          '57 Silver Hawk
          '56 Sky Hawk
          '51 2R16 dump truck
          Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockinhawk

When Matthew doesn't have a REAL job, he has to be my helper. This week I had him on a rooftop building a chimney in 100 degree sunshine. If that doesn't make him do some serious thinking, then I don't know what to do with him. NT

[b]
            Neil Thornton
            That is a good point. Having had some of those tough jobs, I appreciated the softer ones even more. Over the years, I found that those that complained the most about being an engineer or a teacher were those that never worked (as a full time, make a living job) a real physical job.

Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Construction work in all kinds of weather helped me decide to go back to college after 3 years. Teaching was by far the most stressful job I ever had. The grass is always greener until you get there.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
              "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
              sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Huck

Thank you Matthew. I just could not find that thread. By the way, I got my new Turning Wheels today and am saving your article for a bed time story. I agree with Bob Palma. You do have writting talent. Keep up the good work! Huck

Gary Hildebrandt
                Agree! I asked my wife (car chick of 49 years duration) if she had looked at the August issue of Turning Wheels. She said, "Yes, and that Matthew is a cool guy!" Then we reminisced about the time when we were passing through Hazelhurst, GA. I spotted the signs and the Studebakers and made a U-turn. Matthew was probably about twelve then. He gave me a very complete and informative tour of the Studebakers on the property. I was very impressed by Matthew then and still am. He has talent.

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Working...
                X