Beware of this car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of this car

Just wanted to give uguys a heads up on this hawk that is on ebay currently.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...fCarsQ5fTrucks

This is not a florida car!! if you can't already tell...... the floor rust is a lot worse than he says it is, and there is a "good" amout of body filler in the body. I know this because i sold this car to an elderly gentleman at the IOLA old car show up here in wisconsin in 2002. the car was always a wisconsin car per the origional owners testimony. Have been burned to many times buying on EBAY, just wanted to give a heads up to everyone as this really irritates me!!!!!!

1956 Commander parts car
    1958 President
    1960 Champ truck
    1964 Daytona HT
    sigpic
    1956 Commander parts car
    1953 Commander Coupe
    1965 Commander 4-Door w/14,000 original miles
    1956 President Classic
    1963 Daytona Convertible

Was this the original POOPHawk? I don't remember which one of us owned that one, but this one might be a good second!

Complete with mis-matched smooth vinyl seat covers and console! [xx(]

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bubbastude

Just wanted to give uguys a heads up on this hawk that is on ebay currently.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...fCarsQ5fTrucks

This is not a florida car!! if you can't already tell...... the floor rust is a lot worse than he says it is, and there is a "good" amout of body filler in the body. I know this because i sold this car to an elderly gentleman at the IOLA old car show up here in wisconsin in 2002. the car was always a wisconsin car per the origional owners testimony. Have been burned to many times buying on EBAY, just wanted to give a heads up to everyone as this really irritates me!!!!!!

1956 Commander parts car
      1958 President
      1960 Champ truck
      1964 Daytona HT
      Good of you to post this. I was wondering if it might have been for sale by the guy who sold me my '64 Daytona!

That guy should win an award for overstating the condition of a car, and then pleading ignorance when the problems are brought to his attention.

You should see the driver's floor and left kick panel of my car. And he only showed a photo of surface rust on the driver's floor and said "Looks worse than it is"!

Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
      '64 Daytona Hardtop
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

i loved this part of the ad: "guy i got car from says car runs and drives like a champ.i didnt try it but have no reason to believe any different"

just wow...

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
        53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Was this the original POOPHawk? I don't remember which one of us owned that one, but this one might be a good second!

Complete with mis-matched smooth vinyl seat covers and console! [xx(]

StudeRich
          That's RARE Barn Find All Original 1962 Gran Turismo GT POOPHawk to you, sir.
          I personally love those all orginal dimestore side mirrors, myself.[xx(] LH

Comment

Seller just e-mailed me back he bought it in iowa it came with a florida title so he assumed it was a florida car.......what a load of bs!!!!

1956 Commander parts car
            1958 President
            1960 Champ truck
            1964 Daytona HT
            sigpic
            1956 Commander parts car
            1953 Commander Coupe
            1965 Commander 4-Door w/14,000 original miles
            1956 President Classic
            1963 Daytona Convertible

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

That guy should win an award for overstating the condition of a car, and then pleading ignorance when the problems are brought to his attention.

You should see the driver's floor and left kick panel of my car. And he only showed a photo of surface rust on the driver's floor and said "Looks worse than it is"!
              OUCH.... I advised you on that car as best I could from the pictures, but must have missed the mark badly... I am sorry for that[B)][B)] If I can help make amends, let me know

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

This one makes me feel a lot better about the one I bought in CA[^]

Of course, a big red flag on this one is, he towed it on the dreaded TOW DOLLY[:0] GOT to be crazy, or just ignant

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I don't get it Bob, what's wrong with a tow-dolly?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                  Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                  K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

If you tow an automatic transmission car on a dolly ie rear wheels on ground it will ruin the trans

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

I don't get it Bob, what's wrong with a tow-dolly?
                      Not one thing, Ron, I was just making a joke. I use mine constantly during non-snow times; easier, cheaper to haul, foolproof to load and secure the vehicle, and MUCH safer than a trailer. I was just poking fun since I've been razzed repeatedly for using one, in spite of the facts and that I've transported cars well over 20K miles over 15+ years of safe, successful use, including a 2K round trip to CeRap. It's comical how much; so I should have put after my comment

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

quote:Originally posted by Bill Pressler

OUCH.... I advised you on that car as best I could from the pictures, but must have missed the mark badly... I am sorry for that[B)][B)] If I can help make amends, let me know

Parish, central NY 13131

Bob, don't sweat it. Caveat emptor and all that. I just can't believe how a guy could use such positive wording to describe a car when much of it was plainly untrue. I'd still say the car is better than my '63 was when I bought it, though.

The carpeting in the car was glued down. The seller didn't bother to pull any carpeting up if it was glued down there. That's the problem.

I rust-bulleted everything I could and will drive it (once the brakes are done) even with the shaky driver's floor. At some point I'll get that fixed. I own it now!

I still like '64's and the local history of the car.

Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH
                        '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                        '64 Daytona Hardtop
                        Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH
                        (formerly Greenville, PA)
                        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                        All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                        X