Its Baaaaack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Baaaaack!

It has been quiet a while since this was offered on eBay. Back then we (me included) were pretty brutal in commenting on this rod. I think the pictures are different from the last time, so enjoy the bidding. If anybody on the forum buys it...keep us informed.[^]
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...5%3A3%7C39%3A1

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

The passage of time (there hasn't been enough time passed!) has not improved that neanderthal kustom. It needs more rust, lots of rust -so that we will not feel bad as it is absorbed back into the earth.

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
    Packrat junk collector
    '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

Comment

I'd find a real front clip, cut, weld, give the seats back to the bass boat..and be happy.

Comment

Boy! That poor truck's got a face only a mother could love... And I'm not a mother!! LH

Comment

There are a few details I would have done differently, just minor details like the front end, doors, seats, engine, wheels and tires... <G>

Jeff DeWitt
          http://carolinastudes.net
          Jeff DeWitt
          http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

It was ugly the first time around and now is no different.

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

This guy calls it a "rat rod" and this is a good representation of one. I wouldn't have done it this way, but more power to him if thats what he wants, as far as I'm concerned. It is pretty amazing that you can take 9" height out of the doors (if I read his description corrrectly) and still have a tall door.
              If I was given this truck, I would refine the look with a hood of some sort, and yes, I would at least recover or replace the seats. By the way, IMHO REAL pick-ups ALWAYS have bench seats.

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
              Holdrege NE
              John
              1950 Champion
              W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
              Holdrege NE

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

I'd find a real front clip, cut, weld, give the seats back to the bass boat..and be happy.
                Yeah i would change the clip also, and a rod bench seat would go in. Other wise it's all RAT with me. And i'd hope i'd be welcome driving it onto the SDC field/

Comment

I really like rat rods and this one looks like a good buy at the "buy it now" price. I would also work an original front end back on the truck and put some fenders on the back. While the seats might be cool to look at, they don't look comfortable and I'm all for comfort.

If I had the extra money and the skill to re-do it, I would SO buy this truck. I would venture to say, it this truck showed up at a Studebaker event, it would get a lot of attention (good or bad). Hey, as long as we are keeping them on the road.....

Jon Stalnaker
                  Editor, Hawk Talks
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC
                  Jon Stalnaker
                  Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Well, each to his own of course, but I like those seats. Jon is right about the fact that they might not be too comfortable, but still there is something there that I like.

Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Coolest ting I have seen in a while.

clayton-rip chicken hawk!

Comment

It took several looks at the truck for me to realize that the "Original" grille is on the truck!...apparently, what he has done was to cut the grille in half, eliminate the headlight holes...and weld the two halves together to produce the vertical grille.[V]

I suppose it is a matter of taste, but the artistic flow of even a rat rod escapes me.[B)] I think the original grille with a bit of a chop from the bottom...along with front and back fenders would have made this a little jewel. As for now...it looks like what would happen if a '50's truck were to collide with an old school roadster rod.[xx(]

John Clary
                        Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
                        SDC member since 1975
                        John Clary
                        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I never have liked open wheeled rods with an independent front suspension and there are other issues, but I bet that thing gets looks as it goes down the street and that is what most rat rod guys want.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
                          "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
                          "In the heart of Arkansas."
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

wow that's terrible. i really hate rat rods and every thing they stand for. makes every one call traditional rods rats all the time. i love the traditional hot rods, i love restored cars, and true kustoms. but people like that bring a bad name to the hot rod crowd. all they care about is building a car that is unsafe as it looks. it causes the politicians to pass laws banning cars like that.

if it's too loud your too old
                            if it\'s too loud your too old

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bartikus

wow that's terrible. i really hate rat rods and every thing they stand for. makes every one call traditional rods rats all the time. i love the traditional hot rods, i love restored cars, and true kustoms. but people like that bring a bad name to the hot rod crowd. all they care about is building a car that is unsafe as it looks. it causes the politicians to pass laws banning cars like that.

if it's too loud your too old
                              Aw shucks, the hot rod crowd has always had a bad name, it's what makes it fun. You need to come to Bo Huffs next meet or the redneck reunion in Lebenon this Sept. and take a ride. But beware them bomber seats are rough ridin, and those pin up girls are tempting. Most hot rods in the 50s couldn't make the classified in a hot rod mag. And were not pasted together from off the shelf parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X