This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proud new studebaker owner

1953 starlight lowey coupe my dream car been wanting one since i was little. i also ended up getting a 1957 silverhawk witch i will also post an image of as soon as i am done with this one. can anyone give me a guess on about how much these cars are worth the lowey was stripped and had a mustang II front end put under it and a 9 inch ford rear end but the 1957 silverhawk looks to be untouched for the most part and all of the pieces seem to be there and was told that the motor still runs. thanks
    Kevin Phillips
    Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Don't go tearing off down the road in that thing with the missing lug nuts! [:0]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Don't go tearing off down the road in that thing with the missing lug nuts! [:0]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

you dont like my show car
        Kevin Phillips
        Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

you dont like my show car
          Kevin Phillips
          Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

Potentially a beautiful car.[8D] One of my favourites as well. It's an example of why I detest these modified cars (more precicely the modifiers). I'm glad to see you saved this one, so many other mods just get squished when the boys are done playing...[xx(][V]

You know, looking again at your picture, this car seems to be in excellent shape,[:X] that is to say, little or no deep rust. Congratulations again!

As to worth, what does it matter? If the Coupe' is the car you've always wanted it's priceless. There's an old saying, if you'll forgive my repeating it: Nothing is worth more than others are willing to pay for it. Might I be so bold as to suggest looking on e-bay? That will give you a high-end estimate.

Lastly, have you joined the club? The club newsletter/magazine is superb and the yearly membership is therefore a bargin. You can join from the main menu of this website.

Lotsa Larks!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Potentially a beautiful car.[8D] One of my favourites as well. It's an example of why I detest these modified cars (more precicely the modifiers). I'm glad to see you saved this one, so many other mods just get squished when the boys are done playing...[xx(][V]

You know, looking again at your picture, this car seems to be in excellent shape,[:X] that is to say, little or no deep rust. Congratulations again!

As to worth, what does it matter? If the Coupe' is the car you've always wanted it's priceless. There's an old saying, if you'll forgive my repeating it: Nothing is worth more than others are willing to pay for it. Might I be so bold as to suggest looking on e-bay? That will give you a high-end estimate.

Lastly, have you joined the club? The club newsletter/magazine is superb and the yearly membership is therefore a bargin. You can join from the main menu of this website.

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith
              Ron Smith

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker
                It's an example of why I detest these modified cars (more precicely the modifiers).
                I'm crushed [V]

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA
                Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

It's an example of why I detest these modified cars (more precicely the modifiers).
                  I'm crushed [V]

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

I'm crushed [V]
                    Dick, no need to feel crushed. I don't think of what you did to your '53 modified. Just personalized!!

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA
                    John Ratliff

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

I'm crushed [V]
                      Dick, no need to feel crushed. I don't think of what you did to your '53 modified. Just personalized!!

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA
                      John Ratliff

Comment

Have I warned everyone of my condition?[8)] I suffer from foot in mouth disease. Sometimes bipedal insertion occurs.[:I]

Dick, what you have done with your cars is excellent work.[8D] You and your cars have my highest respect. I was speaking of the shoddy modifiers. And there are a lot of them. Sometimes I wonder why they even bought a Stude.

Now that I've thoroughly embarrased myself, um, I'll shut up now.[)][:I]

Lotsa Larks!
                        Ron Smith
                        Ron Smith

Comment

Have I warned everyone of my condition?[8)] I suffer from foot in mouth disease. Sometimes bipedal insertion occurs.[:I]

Dick, what you have done with your cars is excellent work.[8D] You and your cars have my highest respect. I was speaking of the shoddy modifiers. And there are a lot of them. Sometimes I wonder why they even bought a Stude.

Now that I've thoroughly embarrased myself, um, I'll shut up now.[)][:I]

Lotsa Larks!
                          Ron Smith
                          Ron Smith

Comment

Ron, you can make up for it by modifying (just a little) one of your cars!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                            The Red-Headed Amazon
                            Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
                            "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                            The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Ron, you can make up for it by modifying (just a little) one of your cars!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                              The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                              "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                              The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Working...
                              X