Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want a picture of a blue lark, with red wheels.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a picture of a blue lark, with red wheels.

Hi all,

I want to paint the wheels on my wagon, and I can't decide between the original silver, following a '50's-'60's fad and painting them red, or one other idea of painting them body color. I was wondering your opinions, and looking for pictures of blue larks, with red wheels. I am going to retain the original wheel covers along with whatever I choose, if I ever can.

Thanks,

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

I vote for the same color as the car. It looks less "messed with". My 1950 Champion has silver wheels and the car is blue. The reason for the silver wheels - that's the color they were when I bought the car.

Doug

1950 Champion 9G F1

Comment

quote:Originally posted by silverhawk
      I was wondering your opinions, and looking for pictures of blue larks, with red wheels. I am going to retain the original wheel covers along with whatever I choose, if I ever can.

Thanks,

Dylan Wills

I would definitely stay with the silver. That was the only year Studebaker used silver on the wheels for one, and even the pope-paul hubcaps with wide-white wall tires look good with those silver wheels. I had a Green Jade '61, and did not even bother to search out a set of the full wheel covers.

Craig

Comment

Well... I kinda like the wheels the same colour as the car. Then again (scratches head perplexedly), if the original colour was silver, then silver I'd paint them. My '62 came with white wheels and they looked fine on a green car. I suppose silver would look good with a blue car, especially if it had full wheel covers.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Dylan

IT'S YOUR CAR!!!!

What do you like?

My guess is that you will be the most happy with your vision.

Bob

, ,

Comment

I vote for CHARTRUSE wheels![^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I'm on the original silver band wagon. One year deal and '61s are that way for many things. Very unique. Why mess with it? But, it is your car, buddy. You're the only one that must be happy...right now. Treasure these years.

Comment

My personal vote would be for the original silver. I once owned a pickup that was painted powder puff blue with bright red wheels and poverty caps. It was, errr... an acquired taste... But seriously, do what makes you happy. It won't be the end of the world if you decide you don't like the color of the wheels after you paint them.

LH

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! Mike, let me get back to you on those parts. Its my dads car (although I wish it was mine), but those good doors sound nice.

Dylan Wills

Dylan Wills
                  Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                  1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Dylan,
                    Take a good side picture of your wagon and "photoshop" the different color wheel choices. That should help you decide which you like best.

You can also "try on" different width white walls or black walls, different size tires, various ride heights, etc. that way.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Also are we talking a baby blue with red wheels? [xx(] not so appealing.

Dark midnight blue with red wheels? maybe

Silver goes with most colors, Then again If you happen to have an extra wheel, paint it, mount it, and step back.

Dicks suggestion of Photoshop works, and if you don't know how to use it or have the program, post a side shot of your car and I'm sure someone will take on the task of transforming your vehicle.

Granted its a truck, its the closest blue paint with red wheels I have. (Lark guy's can own/like trucks too)

ChopStu

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Yea, its a baby blue. I'll try that photoshop option, thanks for the idea.

Dylan Wills

Dylan Wills
                        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

quote:Originally posted by silverhawk
                          I was wondering your opinions, and looking for pictures of blue larks, with red wheels. I am going to retain the original wheel covers along with whatever I choose, if I ever can.

Thanks,

Dylan Wills

I would definitely stay with the silver. That was the only year Studebaker used silver on the wheels for one, and even the pope-paul hubcaps with wide-white wall tires look good with those silver wheels. I had a Green Jade '61, and did not even bother to search out a set of the full wheel covers.

Craig
                          In the small Studebaker world category - I also owned a Jade Green 1961 Lark for nine years.
                          I have owned four 1961 Larks. I had argent (silver) wheels on all of them. One of them was the same light blue as your wagon.
                          I vote for argent, but it is your car - do as you want. With the wheels, the color is not irreversible. Paint what you think you will like. If it turns out that you do not like them, paint them a different color.

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                          X