This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 president

I have a 56 president and I've made mounts to set a 350 chev on the studebaker mounts my problem is do they make hedders for this swap because I only have about 2" between the head and the original power steering gearbox .Any help would be appresiated

If anyone figures it out, my uncle is facing the same problem; only with a 64 Daytona Waginaire, and his power plant is a Mopar 440... [8D][:0]

Comment

If anyone figures it out, my uncle is facing the same problem; only with a 64 Daytona Waginaire, and his power plant is a Mopar 440... [8D][:0]

Comment

I'm glad to hear someone else is putting a 440 in a Studebaker. I have a 49 C-Cab with a 440 4 speed. 65 in 3rd shift to 4th gas it and leave a little rubber. But it sure is fun.

Comment

I'm glad to hear someone else is putting a 440 in a Studebaker. I have a 49 C-Cab with a 440 4 speed. 65 in 3rd shift to 4th gas it and leave a little rubber. But it sure is fun.

Comment

He (and the rest of the car guys in my family) are all excited about it, but he's rather devasted now that the steering box is in the way. Maybe he'll figure it out though. It's gonna be one sweet ride when it's done!!!
            I keep telling him to paint it exactly like my dad's 64 Commander Wagonaire, which is a 6 cylinder 3 speed car; so he can drive the Commander, get people lined up for races, go get the Daytona with the 440 and blow their doors off! I've been thinking of finding another 63 Lark 2 door (a sedan this time) and doing the same thing with my 6 cylinder Daytona HT. Only using an R1 instead of Mopar. Maybe one day...

Comment

He (and the rest of the car guys in my family) are all excited about it, but he's rather devasted now that the steering box is in the way. Maybe he'll figure it out though. It's gonna be one sweet ride when it's done!!!
              I keep telling him to paint it exactly like my dad's 64 Commander Wagonaire, which is a 6 cylinder 3 speed car; so he can drive the Commander, get people lined up for races, go get the Daytona with the 440 and blow their doors off! I've been thinking of finding another 63 Lark 2 door (a sedan this time) and doing the same thing with my 6 cylinder Daytona HT. Only using an R1 instead of Mopar. Maybe one day...

Comment

Might have to get a set custom made. They sell kits that are nothing but a box of different bent pieces of pipe that you fit and weld together. I have seen it done but never have done it myself. I think this why some owners go to an aftermaket steering set-up to get clearance for the exhaust. Good Luck.

Comment

Might have to get a set custom made. They sell kits that are nothing but a box of different bent pieces of pipe that you fit and weld together. I have seen it done but never have done it myself. I think this why some owners go to an aftermaket steering set-up to get clearance for the exhaust. Good Luck.

Comment

Amusing Matthew, but why not plop an R2 in there? Made to fit and if I remember right, a fella by name of Harbit has a 63 Daytona R2 that has a regular diet of 440s and other such "hot stuff".[] I've seen it lunch on a few, first hand!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President 2-dr
                    1955 President State
                    1951 Champion Biz cpe
                    1963 Daytona project FS
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Amusing Matthew, but why not plop an R2 in there? Made to fit and if I remember right, a fella by name of Harbit has a 63 Daytona R2 that has a regular diet of 440s and other such "hot stuff".[] I've seen it lunch on a few, first hand!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President 2-dr
                      1955 President State
                      1951 Champion Biz cpe
                      1963 Daytona project FS
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

How about the blockhugger headers?[8D]

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

How about the blockhugger headers?[8D]

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

quote:Amusing Matthew, but why not plop an R2 in there? Made to fit and if I remember right, a fella by name of Harbit has a 63 Daytona R2 that has a regular diet of 440s and other such "hot stuff". I've seen it lunch on a few, first hand!
                            If it was MY car, that's what I'd do. But, my uncle is a Mopar guy that married into a Stude family. He also has a pretty sad 70 Super Bee project.
                            But, talking to him today, he's changed his mind and is going to put a 318 in the wagon, and the 440 will go into a ROUGH (FULL of bondo/fiberglass/and lotsa ROT) C cab truck. (A cross between a 53 and a 59 Scotsman) When he took the hood off, it buckled up, and the front fenders nearly fell off. The bed is about to fall into 3 pieces as well. I don't get his motivation for all this, we'll see...

Oh, he's the one who GAVE me the rusty 52 HT; after spending losta $$$ on parts. Anyone need a NOS 52 hood? <g>

Comment

quote:Amusing Matthew, but why not plop an R2 in there? Made to fit and if I remember right, a fella by name of Harbit has a 63 Daytona R2 that has a regular diet of 440s and other such "hot stuff". I've seen it lunch on a few, first hand!
                              If it was MY car, that's what I'd do. But, my uncle is a Mopar guy that married into a Stude family. He also has a pretty sad 70 Super Bee project.
                              But, talking to him today, he's changed his mind and is going to put a 318 in the wagon, and the 440 will go into a ROUGH (FULL of bondo/fiberglass/and lotsa ROT) C cab truck. (A cross between a 53 and a 59 Scotsman) When he took the hood off, it buckled up, and the front fenders nearly fell off. The bed is about to fall into 3 pieces as well. I don't get his motivation for all this, we'll see...

Oh, he's the one who GAVE me the rusty 52 HT; after spending losta $$$ on parts. Anyone need a NOS 52 hood? <g>

Comment

Working...
                              X