X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dads Baby
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 5859

Carey passed away? Sad to hear that, I knew he had been seriously ill.
    I had to check my pulse! How many "Careys" could there be that own Packard Hawks?

Carey
    Packard Hawk

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    Got it. It was like a movie I dosed off in. I missed a key fact in there. [B)]

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    The guy that bought the Black Packardhawk is different from the 40 year old that passed away that had the rest of the Studebakers and the white Packardhawk. Originally all of them came from the same place on a hill on Elm & Conejo.
    Ralph bought the Black Packardhawk and his grandson is the one that I met at the Car Show. I hope this explains it better. I know what a mean but sometimes it doesn't come out right through my fingers.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    Glad you're helping new members, Anne. Trying to follow the story, though. If the guy was under 40 and died, how is his grandson 20? If the original guy who owned them is grandpa, passed away, and that guy bought them, he died, too, then I get it. Whew!
    You folks out west are all over these hidden treasures. Thanks! Guess that's why registry lists and SDC memberships aren't enough to know how many cars are actually out there.

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    26 Packard Hawks were built with 3 speed overdrive. The rest were automatics.

Mike
    www.packardhawk.com

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    IIRC, there were around twenty-five Packard Hawks with OD. It was the rare long-tailshaft T85.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8

Leave a comment:

• John Ratliff
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by MikeW

Now send him on to me. I would like to know about the car and the numbers on it. If interested here is a Black Packard Hawk which just recently came on the market for sale.

http://www.vaultcars.com/58PackardHa...ackardHawk.htm

Mike
    www.packardhawk.com
    Mike, were any Packard Hawks sold with overdrive trans.?

John Ratliff

Leave a comment:

replied
    These are the cars that were owned by the son of the people that own Elders Produce on elm avenue. If anyone is interested in them, it would be wise to contact them, I have seen the white packard hawk in person, and it is a decent car. The 57 Packard wagon he had was pretty nice too.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Although I'd never seen them, I'd heard enough credible accounts to know that there were two P-Hawks and numerous lesser birds at the Reedley location. One of the charter members of SJVC/SDC claimed to be a resident/relative of the gal that owned them. Described in detail, the great condition P-Hawk stored inside and the weathered one residing in the elements. Hope something's left of them.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Mr Biggs these cars came from Conejo & Elm up on a hill. The Reedley cars on Mountain View are tied up with 6 different sets of cousins and a administrator. I recently got an update on them. Was supposed to be Supercharged Gt Hawks & Larks. According to my source they should be ready for us to look over soon next 4 months or so. He said most of the Supercharged cars are Missing. He thinks one of the relatives had a prior sale. Who knows. Will keep you posted.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• bridgegaurd
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman

[size=2][black]Well I have heard tales and stories for the last ten years of this collection of Studebakers on the old 41 highway. Heard of a gentlemen's collection he had about ten Studebakers of which 2 were 1958 PackardHawks.
    Anne you are an awesome legend finder, next thing we know your going to find one of those legendary prototypes that escape the woods intact and has been sitting in a garage just down the street.

Great job, great story. And kudos for the addtion of another young Stude SDCer.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Anne, are these the cars that were on a "ranch" in Reedley?

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

Leave a comment:

• Invalid User Name
    replied
    Mike, thanks for posting that. What an awsome car.

Doug

1950 Champion 9G F1

Leave a comment:

replied
    Carey passed away? Sad to hear that, I knew he had been seriously ill.

Leave a comment:

• MikeW
    replied
    Now send him on to me. I would like to know about the car and the numbers on it. If interested here is a Black Packard Hawk which just recently came on the market for sale.

http://www.vaultcars.com/58PackardHa...ackardHawk.htm

Mike
    www.packardhawk.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X