Pictures of 1959 brown interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of 1959 brown interior

I'm starting to plan for the interior of my 59 2 door. Does anyone have pictures of the interior, specifically the seats? Thanks in advance.
    Bob

The color, the stitching, the vinyl, the vinyl grain?

Comment

Which model, deluxe or regal? sedan or hardtop? (or wagon)

60 Lark convertible
      61 Champ
      62 Daytona convertible
      63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2)
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Its a deluxe 2 door sedan. The seats have been recovered over time with brown Naugahyde. The dash is padded and was dyed to match the nauga. I'm not sure which way the car came cloth or vinyl. The exterior is Tahiti Coral. I'd like to see the design (pleats, how the upholstery was laid out, etc. The door panels are intact and have a patterned vinyl on the top, flat vinyl int he center and vinyl on the bottom. Thanks again. Bob

Comment

this is how it is currently.

Thanks again.
          Bob

Comment

Do you want it stock eventually? Here is my 1960 Regal. Seats have 2 inch pleats.

[img][/img]

Comment

Here is the beautiful '59 2 door wagon at Cedar Rapids.

[img][/img]

Comment

Thanks for the picture. I'm trying to keep it as stock as possible. On the deluxe, were the seats pleasted?

Comment

StudeRich really knows this stuff. The Regals were pleated if all vinyl, but there were fabric versions, too. Not sure about the Deluxe vinyl, but I think they had the 2" pleat for the seats.You really need your purchase order to make that decision if you want it stock.

Edit: I looked for my 1959 brochure to confirm interior options, but those can't be trusted for color and authenticity anyway. The pleats were the same. I thought fabric seats were not pleated in 1959 or 1960, but they were. The body parts books are good for the Deluxe versus Regal differences. You can probably call SASCO and find '59 door panels of some color and dye them. If you are keeping the original exterior color, which is a cool, classic look, I'd be tempted to do the interior in black and paint the metal interior window trim either body color, or black including the dash to contrast that Tahiti Coral.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

Thanks for the picture. I'm trying to keep it as stock as possible. On the deluxe, were the seats pleasted?
                    No..they were not pleated on Deluxes.

Craig

Comment

Bob,

Here are a couple of pics of my '60 W4 with its original interior. The car only has 51k miles and I know they are correct (the fabric is black - but 50 years of age and the flash make them look more gray...). I think '59 and '60 had similar if not identical seats (with some changes in color and types of vinyl/fabric)

Looking at the brochure above - they did not have a red/black combo in 1959, but you get the idea. Actually, the brochure shows the deluxe wagon only covers - I think SASCO had a whole front seat covered with that in green or blue - amazing after 50 years...

and rear

You might have some luck at SASCO, but they do not have time/personnel to go looking through thousands of boxes of seat covers if it is not where the computer says they are. Back in June I was able to find a front and rear bench cover for my car but once you go past 63/64 it becomes pretty limited. I also wanted to find a blue drivers side door panel for a '62 four door deluxe lark - tons of green but no blues...[xx(]

It looks like your car had the padded dash - that would be a Regal option (I believe) so maybe your car did have the pleated seats - maybe the cloth?

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
                      [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
                      [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

I guess I've never seen an original Deluxe all vinyl seat in a '59 or '60 Lark without pleats..all smooth. [:0] I've only seen either pleated vinyl, or like the pictures above, with a fabric vinyl combo that was smooth. Anyone have an original seat that was all vinyl?
                        My '59 brochures say no pleats for Deluxes, too, but I've never seen an original example except in print...not at SASCO either. I need to go back and search those out and see if there are any pleated cloth seats. I've never seen those type of covers. Every all vinyl, smooth seat I've ever seen were someone's reupholster job. You can tell by the back of the seat, usually.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

I guess I've never seen an original Deluxe all vinyl seat in a '59 or '60 Lark without pleats..all smooth. [:0]
                          A couple of years ago the Keystone Chapter had a '60 Lark for their raffle car. SASCO was able to find a full set of '60 vinyl seat covers in the original green - they were flat but had a die-electric pattern in them that looked like the same stitching one might see in a rolled seat cover. Not sure if that would have been true for '59.

Is it possible they had a pleated cloth option in 1960?

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
                          [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
                          [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

I guess I've never seen an original Deluxe all vinyl seat in a '59 or '60 Lark without pleats..all smooth. [:0] I've only seen either pleated vinyl, or like the pictures above, with a fabric vinyl combo that was smooth. Anyone have an original seat that was all vinyl?
                            Only in a Fleet/Taxicab; and it was the heavier stock vinyl. According to the upholstery chart for 1959, the all-vinyl option was only available on Regal models.

Craig

Comment

I see it says vinyl as optional at an extra cost on other models. I've never seen that thicker grain naugahyde. Cool. The vinyl grain in those sample pictures are not what the grain looks like in any '59-'60 seat covers I have here at my house, or have seen. That's why those books and brochures are not always exact help. You throw in mid-season additions and subtractions and it really gets confusing.

Comment

Working...
                              X