Large sum of money found in Cedar Rapids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large sum of money found in Cedar Rapids

On Thursday the big show day at the National meet in Cerar Rapids I found a large sum of money, I made up a sign and had it on my back all the rest of the day but no takers, at the awards dinner it was anounced but at the end when every body was up and talking so maybe the owner didn't hear it or was not there, I don't need every one asking about it if they didn't loose it or trying to find a way to lay claim to it, I would really like the right person that really did loose it talk to me about it, it is really easy for the right person to identify it, either call me at 510-266-2522 or e-mail me at candbstudebakers@sbcglobal.net

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Bob - Diogenes would be proud, He would have found an Honest Man.

It's great to see a person in this day and age do what you are doing.

Somehow, I'm not suprised that members of this forum would come forward and make this effort instead of pocketing the money.

Well Done!!!!

Bob

Comment

You're a class act, Bob! This is great example of why we love being in this club.

John and Tracy Smith
      Queen Creek Arizona
      http://1955studebaker.blogspot.com/
      [IMG]

Comment

...but, Bob....if you DON'T find the rightful owner, will you buy us lunch tomorrow??
        [)]

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I identified the money for Bob......... each bill had a picture of a dead president..... needless to say that didn't cut it with him. I believe their are many more honest people in the world than the other side....... Bob is one of many

It is an addiction!
          It is an addiction!

Comment

I thought we were going to have to spend the whole wad at that mexican restaurant, Papa Juan's, Bob. [] Anyone who has met Bob in person knows he isn't about to take anything from anyone...including cash that isn't his. There are people like that, and then the kind who steal at the vendors sites and take chrome valve cover caps off of cars in the hotel lots. Wish they were all like Mr. Peterson, class act.

Comment

Totally OT- anyone want to buy some like-new valve cover caps??

Truly though- it's great that you're trying to find the owner, Bob. Hope you're behind's feeling better- I jumped the gun because I didn't read the sign (thought it said "Kick me hard", like they usually say[:I]). Sorry about that.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

It wasn't in a bag with a set of small scales was it...any powdery residue on the money?

Oh wait...maby it was the lost Studebaker "Bail out Money!"

John Clary
                Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
                SDC member since 1975
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

When you're as wealthy as Peterson is, chump change (Champ Change?) is no temptation.[^]

And might I ask as a point of clarification.... If these bills bore images of "dead presidents" would not their eyes be closed [|)] in said images? It would be better said to state that the bills bear images of presidents who are now deceased.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jbwhttail

I identified the money for Bob......... each bill had a picture of a dead president..... needless to say that didn't cut it with him. I believe their are many more honest people in the world than the other side....... Bob is one of many
                    When I saw "large sum of money", I figured hundred dollar bills. They have pictures of Franklin on them. Never a President, dead or alive, as far as I know. I had a bunch of those this afternoon from a car that I sold over the weekend.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Let me add this to Bob's post.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=31100

Comment

It's probably drug money...you know Stude Guy's drug money. Blood Pressure medicine for when the project turns bad, arthritis pain pills after a day wrenching and laying on your back, headache pills for when your wife wants to know why the car isn't done yet, and memory pills for remembering where the parts you bought 2 years ago at the National Meet are now that you need them.

ErnieR

On its way to a 15.097 Island Dragway Great Meadows NJ Spring 2006.

Comment

Hey Ernie. A big thanks to you! I can use that logic to justify the pharmaceuticals I ingest each day! Better than blaming them on old age and physical degradation![xx(]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1963 Cruiser
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe
                          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If you don't find the owner, just give the money to Hellen Hunt. Then if anybody else asks just tell'em to go to Hell'n hunt for it! Good Karma on you, Bob.
                            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

What if the "large sum of money" was pocket change for the person that lost it? Say someone with the wealth of Bill Gates? It would hardly motivate him to go looking for a couple bucks, that dropped from his pocket ...

The legal thing to do is to hand it over to the local authorities, and if it isn't claimed in a predefined period of time - typically 30 days - then the finder gets to keep it.

========================
                              63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
                              Martinez, CA

Comment

Working...
                              X