Misc.project pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misc.project pic

NOT getting as far with this car as I would like.But plodding along best as I can.Here is a dash I picked out of a free parts car.Fixed a few minor cracks as best I could,then had a quart of vinyl dye color matched to my door panels.Quick $100 bucks.Had 3 choices,flat,semi-gloss and gloss.This is semi gloss.I did not want a bunch of reflection on the windshield when driving into the sun. This dash was Rose Mist when new,but had faded to almost Black.Got a new vanity glove box and glove box door from SASCO.Still have some adjustments to do on the door,but I am happy so far.This aint going to be a show car,just a cruise in special.

Getting tired of ground up buildups and stripping parts cars. I must be getting old!

Lookin' good Rich[] I picked up a new Vanity for my 63 Convert at SASCO last month but am not looking forward to installing it.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Frank,I can't imagine doing that while being upside down under the dash.Good Luck!

Comment

That looks great, R.D.! Nice job.

Comment

Man! I'm JEALOUS! Rich, that's EXACTLY what Blue needs! Ship it this way and send me a bill.[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

LOL,momma will kill me if I do that!

Comment

WOW! []

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

How did you "fix" the bad spots? I have to do the same for mine but the topper is NLA from SASCO or SI.

The dash looks great!!!

Comment

Very sweet! Maybe mine will look like that one day (I hope).

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard
                  http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
                  www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Step by step man. Take great pride in every piece, little or small, as it gets done.

I see it belongs in one of them thar vanity Larks [)]
                    ChopStu

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I just talked to SI about getting one of the 63 caps and Vanity cover as well. Heck, they asked me what color I wanted it to be! They spray them before they send them out. Such a deal!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1963 Cruiser
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bullet. I used some vinyl repair glue in a yellow tube.And in one spot some super glue first,with vinyl repair over it.Permatex makes a similar tube of repair glue.Not 100 % but I don't mind.

Comment

Champtrucking, thanks much! I will try it and post when it is complete.

Comment

Working...
                          X