The Great '64 Daytona Seat Cover Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great '64 Daytona Seat Cover Hunt

Hey Tom, please email me, read your email or contact barnlark, Dave Arnold, with the Red '60 Lark Convertible, if you would please.

I believe you are the only one I know of who went to the International Meet from the Northwest.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

I already talked to Tom, Rich, however Gord told me he will be up to visit Dick soon and is bringing your seat cover to you. It will need to be cleaned up as they all do, but I hope it meets your approval. You didn't request any of the covers I found in SB, I just thought you might want them when I searched for your passenger side, so if they don't meet your expectations you certainly aren't stuck with them. I'm not worried about it.
    If anyone else out there needs any '64 green cloth and vinyl Daytona rear seat covers, or driver's side bottoms, Rich may have excess covers! My fault. [B)]

Comment

UPDATE: Now that I got your attention, sorry it's not about good looking Girls/Women! [B)] [}] Some of you will remember that back in May when many Members were about to go to the big South Bend Annual Swap Meet at the County Park and at SASCO and the Crossroads Zone Meet, I asked if anyone could find some Seat Covers for me.
      Well Dave Arnold (barnlark) volunteered to check for me. He found what he could of that type and had Dave at SASCO hold them for shipment to me, but was unable to find the right hand, bottom cushion Cover for the split bench front seat.

So this time on his way to the 2009 International, which certainly would NOT be on the way from Ohio to Cedar Rapids, IA he stopped again for Stude. Parts at SASCO and searched until he found the missing seat cover piece I need! []

Dave, I really do appreciate all you have done to get a complete set of the Original '64 Daytona Green Cloth & Vinyl split bench Seat covers to me! Two times even! Thank You! [^]
      It has been two years since I was there and pulled out all I could find of the complete set at the 2007 South Bend International.

And it's OK that it took almost three months to get them all. You did the best you could and really had to dig for that Right front bottom cushion cover in those HUGE stacks at SASCO, it could have been the ONLY one! [^]

I now have a few extra pieces, so if anyone needs a Green '64 Daytona rear seat bottom and back cover and 1 or 2 Left front drivers' seat bottom cushion covers in the Green Cloth W/Vinyl Trim, please let me know before I send them back and they are lost forever!

Thanks also to Gord for bringing them to the Northwest for me, this is what our wonderful Club and the best members ever, are all about!

If it were not for dedicated people like Bob Shaw, who put so much effort into this Forum Site to have the Best system on the net for like minded people to meet, these great connections would not happen.[^]
      Thank you Mr. Shaw

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, I'm glad you're better at identifying Stude parts and cars at the drop of a hat and not teaching geography! No problem: South Bend is right on the way from my Northeastern Ohio home near I-80 and it was only about a mile and a half from the exit. I left late on Monday and wanted to stop at SASCO anyway. I'm glad Dave let me search back there. You should have seen his eyes when I walked out about ten minutes later. Only finding one seat cover drove me nuts all summer. Now I'm satisfied, so it's actually a selfish act on my part. Ask Champtrucking, he watched my interior parts luck in action, didn't take long. Just need a little decent kharma. My pleasure.
        Now lets find a new home for those extra green Daytona covers. TW, maybe?

Comment

That's funny Dave! You're right, I would not have a clue about ANYTHING East of the Rockies!
          My family left Detroit for Hawthorne, Calif. when I was 8 and I don't think I was driving yet.
          I have never been East of South Bend, but I was sure that Ohio had to be below Indiana, never been there either. But I Googled a U.S. map and found Kentucky there! Then I realized that I have had no reason to look at a U.S. Map since maybe Grade School, so I wouldn't know. [:0]

StudeRich
          StudeRich
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

wow[:I]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Rich, did you finally get the final seat covers last week? More importantly, was the missing one the correct one that I found? There's no returning those to SASCO now, but maybe someone will need the extras. You'd be hard pressed to find someone to make those for $20 a piece. I know they weren't spotless, but hopefully they will clean up nicely and match your new interior.

Comment

Hi Rich, Do you still have those extra green covers? Regards, George.

Comment

Thanks very much Dave and Gord for getting those to me. Gord and Dick stopped in for a little visit and to get some parts, so I got them only 5 Months after Dave (barnlark) bought them, but that's fine with me I'm just glad to be able to get one of the last NOS sets sold at SASCO.

Yes, I now have some extra '64 Daytona Green Cloth & Vinyl, split bench original NOS seat covers, if George or someone needs a set, I think it is complete less the right front seat bottom section.

We are a little overwhelmed up here at the moment with Mike moving, but I will get a check to you Dave, ASAP thanks.

StudeRich
                  StudeRich
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

No problem, Rich. I just wanted to make sure it was correct. That was a toughie to find! As you might say, "why go to all that effort and not make it correct?"

Comment

By the way, 5 months interest @ 85%....hmmmm, I ran out of fingers to count on.

Comment

Hi Rich, Yes I would be interested in the green interior. I am new to this forum so what is the proceedure from here - do you have an email address where I can contact you for further details? The Daytona Hardtop I have is one I purchased from Bob Peterson (green one with 289 and Powershift) and I recently purchased a 66 Cruiser from Bob. I also have a 64 Champ (Lionel Stones truck), 63 GT Hawk and 53 Commander Hardtop. I wish I had discovered this forum much earlier - really enjoy reading it. Best regards, George.

Comment

Just click on his name, George. You'll get an email option. Just go from there. Their vendor link on the "valuable links" section of the Forum's home page is Studebakers Northwest on the Vendors page, but it isn't working right now. Just try the email, he sounds pretty busy.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Just click on his name, George. You'll get an email option. Their vendor link on the "valuable links" section of the Forum's home page is Studebakers Northwest on the Vendors page, but it isn't working right now.
                            Just try the email, he sounds pretty busy.
                            The SNW site is down, and will be for quite some time~
                            It'll have a NEW addie when it does return, BTW.

Forum email is the best way to contact Dad right now, but as Dave said--
                            we'll all be VERY busy for AT LEAST the next week...

StudeDave '57 [8D]
                            Rich's Son
                            Mike's brother
                            StudeDave '57
                            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                            SDC Member since 1985

past President
                            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                            San Diego Chapter SDC
                            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Hi Rich, I realise you have been real busy of late, but just a quick note to say I am still interested in the Green Daytona seat covers. Tried to email you but it would not go through. Best regards, George.

Comment

Working...
                              X