Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '52 TAILLIGHT ASSEMBLY

HELP please.
    I'm putting '52 taillights on my '50 bulletnose. I have the '52 bezels & lenses.( Will '51 base plates worked with '52 bezels ? )
    I do not have a manual for '52 and therefore have no reference as to all the components that make up the assembly. Can anyone scan the parts page for the taillight assembly showing base plates, retainers, rubbers / seals, etc ?
    Thanks.

Personal Website - 1950 Studebaker Retro-Rod Project

I scanned a page in my parts book. I have it in the computer, but I can't seem to get it to copy to this document. I will try later when some help arrives home.
    I also looked up the part numbers and the 51 and 52 parts are different. I would try to use same year assemblies if possible, but you might be able to modify one to fit the other.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

quote:Originally posted by s2dbkr

Will '51 base plates worked with '52 bezels ?
      No, the '52 Tail Light Housing is much smaller like the lens, than the '50-'51 because of the body color metal "hoods" that go on top, so no parts interchange, you need ALL of it, from the fender out.

I always thought the '52 Tail Lights look like upsidedown '55 Chevy. tail lights!

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Is this what you are looking for?
        I can scan other pages if you need, just let me know!

Terry

1952 Commander Starlight
        Green Lake, WI

Comment

Well I'll be go to hell.

I have everything except the rubber seals #0619-22.
          The base plates I have must be 52's, they look just like the plates in the photo.

On the '50 & '51 assemblies there is a metal retaining ring that holds the lense in place, but I don't see anything like that with the '52. What holds the lense in place, sheer pressure from the bezel screws to base plate ?

Anyone know of a supplier for lense seals and wire looms #0619-23 ?

Comment

Anyone know where I can get the seals and wire looms for '52 taillight lenses part #'s 0619-22 and 0619-32 ?

Comment

The same screws that hold the housing and bezel also hold the lens. You have your hands full lining them up to install, but it works.
              I bought my seals so long ago I don't know who sold them. The wire looms may be available, but you could make your own.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
              "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
              X