This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year's Resolutions...Old and New

Well, I finished the last of my New Year's resolutions for 2006.
    Pretty much stuck to the list and completed 'most' of it.
    Best promise was that I'd drive a Stude on the first and last day of 2006. Just got in from a 50 mile 'loop' of nowhere.. Just cruisin' around.

(And my first resolution for 2007 is to start out the new year exactly the same way!)
    Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    Brooklet, Georgia
    '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project)
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

[quote]Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK
    Best promise was that I'd drive a Stude on the first and last day of 2006.
    Jeff[8D][/b]
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jeff; My resolution is to do something Studebaker on the last day of a year and something on the first day, not necessarily driving. This afternoon my son, friend Gerald and I went out to Studebaker Santuary to remove doors from a '63 2 door Regal and a '62 Regal hardtop. The '63 cooperated, but that '62 got so stubborn we finally had to give up. We'll have to trailer that one to the garage for some heat and power equipment. Also opened up two old laundry trucks that we've stored parts in for several decades. Haven't really been in either one for a number of years. We found a number of items and goodies to take to South Bend in June. I think I'll go back tomorrow to begin grouping parts and sheet metal. I guess I could pull the Lark out and run though Town several times. Who knows, but the day will be a Studebaker day.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and may 2007 be kinder to us all and may your searchs bring great results.

Frank Drumheller
    Louisa, VA
    '60 Lark Regal VI 4 door Sedan
    '48 M16-52 Studebaker/Boyer Fire Truck
    less parts on the hill after today

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK
      Best promise was that I'd drive a Stude on the first and last day of 2006.
      Jeff[8D][/b]

Jeff; My resolution is to do something Studebaker on the last day of a year and something on the first day, not necessarily driving. This afternoon my son, friend Gerald and I went out to Studebaker Santuary to remove doors from a '63 2 door Regal and a '62 Regal hardtop. The '63 cooperated, but that '62 got so stubborn we finally had to give up. We'll have to trailer that one to the garage for some heat and power equipment. Also opened up two old laundry trucks that we've stored parts in for several decades. Haven't really been in either one for a number of years. We found a number of items and goodies to take to South Bend in June. I think I'll go back tomorrow to begin grouping parts and sheet metal. I guess I could pull the Lark out and run though Town several times. Who knows, but the day will be a Studebaker day.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and may 2007 be kinder to us all and may your searchs bring great results.

Frank Drumheller
      Louisa, VA
      '60 Lark Regal VI 4 door Sedan
      '48 M16-52 Studebaker/Boyer Fire Truck
      less parts on the hill after today

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studelark
        I guess I could pull the Lark out and run though Town several times.
        Frank,
        Are those two separate activities, or would you actually be IN the Lark during the "runs through town" [)].

Brian Curtis fixed the brakes on my "new" Hawk today. M/C push rod adjusted too tight (they usually are simple fixes on these Studes, aren't they [^]). Cruised the Hawk out in the county. VERY nice driving Stude. Pretty peppy too with that 4 speed (wide ratio, 3.31 rear) even with just the WW 2bbl. Life is good [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Frank,
          Are those two separate activities, or would you actually be IN the Lark during the "runs through town" [)].

Brian Curtis fixed the brakes on my "new" Hawk today. M/C push rod adjusted too tight (they usually are simple fixes on these Studes, aren't they [^]). Cruised the Hawk out in the county. VERY nice driving Stude. Pretty peppy too with that 4 speed (wide ratio, 3.31 rear) even with just the WW 2bbl. Life is good [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA
          Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Originally posted by studelark
            Frank,
            Are those two separate activities, or would you actually be IN the Lark during the "runs through town" [

Oh, I'd be IN the Lark, otherwise the Town would have one heck of a traffic hazard on the streets for New Year's Day!!!

Glad you're still speaking to me after my comments about you, Dave and StudeBob in the Dec. Turning Wheels thread.

Frank Drumheller
            Louisa, VA
            No changes going into 2007

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Originally posted by studelark
              Frank,
              Are those two separate activities, or would you actually be IN the Lark during the "runs through town" [

Oh, I'd be IN the Lark, otherwise the Town would have one heck of a traffic hazard on the streets for New Year's Day!!!

Glad you're still speaking to me after my comments about you, Dave and StudeBob in the Dec. Turning Wheels thread.

Frank Drumheller
              Louisa, VA
              No changes going into 2007

Comment

It was all the truth...hard to fault that .

(we did have fun that day ...still got that corn cob? [}])

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA
                Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

It was all the truth...hard to fault that .

(we did have fun that day ...still got that corn cob? [}])

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA
                  Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yeah! Comments??? I ain't seen the TW yet. By golly, Frank - if my personna has been besmirched, I'm gonna write that farmer you stole corn from and tell him where to collect![}]

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yeah! Comments??? I ain't seen the TW yet. By golly, Frank - if my personna has been besmirched, I'm gonna write that farmer you stole corn from and tell him where to collect![}]

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                      X