A.M.E.C. Economy Run III - Fonda, NY 8-23-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl,

Thanks for representing the Studebaker community. It was a feather in our caps, just for you to be there.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Carl,

Thanks for representing the Studebaker community. It was a feather in our caps, just for you to be there.
      It was also a feather in our caps at A.M.E.C., to have met Carl and had his beautiful Champion participate at our event.

In case we have piqued anyone's interest to give this a try, we are hosting a fall Economy Run IV event coming up this November 1st. This event will feature and all new 108 mile scenic route. Full details can be found here: http://forums.hemmings.com/viewtopic.php?p=8778#8778

Comment

You might want to review your list of entrants. The same entrant and car are listed as the 1st and 20th entered.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

You might want to review your list of entrants. The same entrant and car are listed as the 1st and 20th entered.
          Thanks Frank. I made the correction.

Comment

Mike,
            Great event and report. Thanks!

I'm interested in how the MPG is calculated. Can you provide details?

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Mike,
              Great event and report. Thanks!

I'm interested in how the MPG is calculated. Can you provide details?

Dick Steinkamp
              You're welcome Dick,

We calculate mpg's by filling each car to the rim before and after the event. We want to see the fuel in the filler neck before and after the run. This way we can verify a consistent fill. This is a much more accurate way of doing it than letting the pump just "click off" by itself and going with that. There is too much error in the latter method, as the variables are endless.

So then we know how many miles the route was [104.0 in the last event] and we know how much fuel each car used from the post event refill on the pump. We then simply divide the miles by the fuel consumed.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X