Can a Stude Truck be worth that much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Stude Truck be worth that much?

Collector Car Market Review's wedsite says a stock 1955 Stude Truck in #2 condition is worth about $8.000 and one in #1 condition is worth $13,000. Does anyone know of a Stude truck selling for money like that?

Why not[?]
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Why does that seem high to you for a true #2 or #1?? Think about what those definitions mean- a #2 will win a trophy at most shows...

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Why does that seem high to you for a true #2 or #1?? Think about what those definitions mean- a #2 will win a trophy at most shows...
        A #1 vehicle is NEVER driven. Always transported in an enclosed trailer to a car show. Stored in a climate controlled building. It has ceased to become an automobile and has become a work of art. There are VERY few #1 cars in the world. I have NEVER seen a #1 Studebaker of any type. It would cost $100,000 or more to produce a #1 Stude truck worth $13,000.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Seems like very reasonable figures to me. [^]

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar Deluxe
          Vancouver Island Chapter
          http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander
          Zone Coordinator
          Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

quote:Originally posted by bams50

A #1 vehicle is NEVER driven. Always transported in an enclosed trailer to a car show. Stored in a climate controlled building. It has ceased to become an automobile and has become a work of art. There are VERY few #1 cars in the world. I have NEVER seen a #1 Studebaker of any type. It would cost $100,000 or more to produce a #1 Stude truck worth $13,000.
            Right, that's what I mean. That answers the original question quite well!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Those are extremely reasonable figures for a #1 or #2 vehicle of any make.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I've sold a few condition 2 C cabs for 10K plus. Ed Ellis did sell a condition One, 4 wheel drive for over 40K. 13K for even a 390 point truck would be a bargain.

JDP/Maryland
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                X