Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mbstude
    replied
    Sounds like fun, Anne. Yesterday I installed a NOS speedometer in the '58 sedan. Good to know that I wasn't the only one in the Stude world that was cramped under a dash.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    Congratulations, Anne. Tearing the instrument cluster apart and putting it back together is no trivial job. Swapping the two bulb holders back to where they should be, though, is.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    started a topic What I did today

What I did today

I only tried to remove the Dash on the 54. The odometer decided to stop on the way back from the American Graffiti Car show. Well I needed to put some oil in the speedometer anyway. I picked up a used speedometer at the zone meet. David changed the broken odometer out for the one that worked. I thought the car was going to get the best of me. Down to one screw to remove the speedo and can't get it to budge. Walk away try another tool. Do this a few times finally I manage to get it apart. David changed the odometer for me then I had to put it back together. Wow that was fun. It was hard enough to get it apart but every screw was back in its place. Took it for a test drive all works well.
    I just went out to put the car away it was dark so I turned on the lights. The red indicator light was on for my bright lights. So I pushed the dimmer switch, it stayed on but the dash light for the ammeter went off. It was funny tomorrow I will switch the bulbs I guess I goofed. Oh well it was a learning experience. Its my way to get to know the car by tinkering with it.
    Next on my list is getting the defroster motor to work.
    David was in one shop building working on the air conditioning on Blue and I was working on Daisy.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
    Fresno,Ca
Working...
X