Upholstery in the '56 Champion F4 hot rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upholstery in the '56 Champion F4 hot rod

Here is a teaser shot of the front seat ready to install. Got the vinyl and fabric from SMS (as close to an exact match to the original as you can imagine) and the stitching was done by my buddy and sometime employee Moises who did this job as a personal favor--it took him a 4 months, but who can argue with the quality?

You're right. That is a super job. This will be one fine interior if it all looks that good!

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
    "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
    sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Glad you showed the pictures. Now I know how to do the seats in my Parkview. My Parkview has a ash tray behind the drivers side seat did yours?

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
      http://ozarktrails.tripod.com/
      SDC Member 1985

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ST2DE5

Glad you showed the pictures. Now I know how to do the seats in my Parkview. My Parkview has a ash tray behind the drivers side seat did yours?

Nope. My F4 had two rear trays, one in each in the side panel. I'm not putting them back in--they're pitted pretty bad and I don't want to spend the money to rechrome them. Plus, there will be no need for them in this car. I will just keep them in a box on a shelf somewhere.

Comment

Allan, that look real similar to my material, I don't think I'll be using this style upon the cars completion BUT, would you happen to have any model/pattern numbers, or the supplier of the upholstery shop.

Would be good information to file away.

Thanks

ChopStu

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Stu, you have a aftermarket Seat Cover there, maybe Rayco or similar, if it is actual upholstery, it is re-covered not original.

StudeRich
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Allan, those seats are yummmmy! [8D][8D] They'll look great with that black paint.

Comment

Allan; those seats look just perfect! [] I like it, the design looks just like original and the cloth inserts look very close to the original fabric and very period correct. [^]

The Gray and White will look great with the Black Paint.

StudeRich
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                X