drop spindles for a 51

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drop spindles for a 51

Since there are no skirts for the front wheels, any suggestions on drop spindles. I want the car to appear to be lower but since there are no skirts I would consider drop spindles, HELP

No dropped spindles available - I wish they were. Cut springs are crude but effective.

Scott Rodgers
    Los Angeles
    SDC Member since 1989
    '60 Lark HT
    '63 Wagonaire
    Scott Rodgers
    Los Angeles
    SDC Member since 1989
    \'60 Lark HT
    \'63 Wagonaire
    \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

quote:Originally posted by nickaboni2

Since there are no skirts for the front wheels, any suggestions on drop spindles. I want the car to appear to be lower but since there are no skirts I would consider drop spindles, HELP
      Do not like that idea

Comment

Do not like that idea
        I actually have custom springs but they only dropped it about an inch.

Comment

Use the later spindles (late 53 and up) they will drop the front end about a 1/2" to 3/4" The "axle shaft" is higher on the spindle than the earlier cars, there was a change sometime in late 52.

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
          X