This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get out of parking fee...

When I got my confirmation email from the Holiday Inn in South Bend, I found that there is a $5 per day parking fee. I was about to cancel my reservation when the lady on the line asked if I was a PC member (I can't remember what that means.). I replied that I wasn't but saw on the confirmation note that PC members have free parking. I asked about that and she said she would sign me up! No cost, no nothing. I sort of like the Choice Hotels points system. Extra perks here and there to get you to come back. So if you are going to stay in the meet hotel in June, become a PC member and skip the parking fees.
    Joe Roberts
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

quote:Originally posted by JRoberts

When I got my confirmation email from the Holiday Inn in South Bend, I found that there is a $5 per day parking fee. I was about to cancel my reservation when the lady on the line asked if I was a PC member (I can't remember what that means.).

Joe Roberts
    Priority Club. I stay at Holiday Inn for work, earn points with this system, like flyer miles.

Garrett

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JRoberts

When I got my confirmation email from the Holiday Inn in South Bend, I found that there is a $5 per day parking fee. I was about to cancel my reservation when the lady on the line asked if I was a PC member (I can't remember what that means.).

Joe Roberts
      Priority Club. I stay at Holiday Inn for work, earn points with this system, like flyer miles.

Garrett

Comment

I'm staying at the Super 8 onthe north side of SB, but I made my reservations before SDC ever posted anything. I don't have to pay for parking either!

James K. Clark
        East Tenn.
        '55 Prez. 2dr hdtp.
        Don't take yourself too seriously!

James K. Clark

Comment

I'm staying at the Super 8 onthe north side of SB, but I made my reservations before SDC ever posted anything. I don't have to pay for parking either!

James K. Clark
          East Tenn.
          '55 Prez. 2dr hdtp.
          Don't take yourself too seriously!

James K. Clark

Comment

I've learned staying at a relitives in South Bend is the most expensive parking or room cost available....Catch my drift[?]

Kent

Comment

I've learned staying at a relitives in South Bend is the most expensive parking or room cost available....Catch my drift[?]

Kent

Comment

"PC" means "Priority Club." It's their frequent-stayer program

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                '63 F2/Lark Standard
                http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
                Clark in San Diego
                '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"

Comment

"PC" means "Priority Club." It's their frequent-stayer program

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard
                  Clark in San Diego
                  '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"

Comment

This is a new parking fee coming to a hotel near you.

Basically, hotels have found that you can segregate parking fees from room rates fees and squeeze an extra few bucks from the customer. They justify it by saying that some people don't have a car, therefore they don't have to pay it. Its an extra "service".

To me, its a cheap gimmick that unfortunately will work when the consumer doesn't know any better, which I'm afraid is most of the time. I am no cheapskate, but I hate hotels that nickel and dime everything!

Paul R

Comment

This is a new parking fee coming to a hotel near you.

Basically, hotels have found that you can segregate parking fees from room rates fees and squeeze an extra few bucks from the customer. They justify it by saying that some people don't have a car, therefore they don't have to pay it. Its an extra "service".

To me, its a cheap gimmick that unfortunately will work when the consumer doesn't know any better, which I'm afraid is most of the time. I am no cheapskate, but I hate hotels that nickel and dime everything!

Paul R

Comment

At the Studebaker Meet in Charlotte I think I was also charged for parking, and my cousin who lives in Charlotte, came to pick me up to take me to dinner. He pulled into the hotel parking lot, and went to the desk to ask for me. I came down and got into his car. As we drove out of the parking lot we had to go through the guard house. They charged him $5.00 for parking. He was very upset.

They also gave everyone who left their Studebakers in the parking deck a hard time and wanted people to move their cars. This got a lot of people upset.

I have been in some hotels where they charge you extra for the safe in your room whether you use it or not.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

At the Studebaker Meet in Charlotte I think I was also charged for parking, and my cousin who lives in Charlotte, came to pick me up to take me to dinner. He pulled into the hotel parking lot, and went to the desk to ask for me. I came down and got into his car. As we drove out of the parking lot we had to go through the guard house. They charged him $5.00 for parking. He was very upset.

They also gave everyone who left their Studebakers in the parking deck a hard time and wanted people to move their cars. This got a lot of people upset.

I have been in some hotels where they charge you extra for the safe in your room whether you use it or not.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I didn't stay at the headquarters hotel in Charlotte. I had to pay a parking fee for the motel where I stayed and then another fee for the headquarters hotel every day when I went there.

I have found that I am able to decline the safe and fee for it when I state that I don't want it at check-in.

Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I didn't stay at the headquarters hotel in Charlotte. I had to pay a parking fee for the motel where I stayed and then another fee for the headquarters hotel every day when I went there.

I have found that I am able to decline the safe and fee for it when I state that I don't want it at check-in.

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X