Stude Dealers in GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Dealers in GA

I am interested in all the Stude dealers in GA. First, I would like to find the history of my own car and then scout around other old dealerships. My car is a GA car, the front bumper has a liscense plate that says Vidalia, 1958, I don't know what this means, but I think my car was from Vidalia. The car also has a racing history. I am aware of the Stude dealers thread on here, but it is too big to find anything.

Alex Nelsen
    1954 Champion Coupe
    Lizella, GA
    Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
    Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
    Lizella, GA

Have you checked on the stude dealers name collection? Here is a website to it:http://www.automotivehistoryonline.c...lerPackard.htm

You could try looking it up here, it is a pretty cool place.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

quote:Originally posted by silverhawk

Have you checked on the stude dealers name collection? Here is a website to it:http://www.automotivehistoryonline.c...lerPackard.htm

You could try looking it up here, it is a pretty cool place.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
      The website helps a lot, now would anyone know the address for the dealer in Lyons(I think my car is from there) and Zellner & Howard in Forsyth[?]

Alex Nelsen
      1954 Champion Coupe
      Lizella, GA
      Lizella, GA

Comment

I think the old dealership building in Lyons is gone. I talked with the former dealer several years ago. I'm not sure, but I think his name was Driggers or Griggers. I think the old building was on US1. But I don't know the street address. At one time I had an old envoice from there that came with an old truck that I bought. I have no idea where it is now. NT

Neil Thornton
        Hazlehurst, GA
        '57 Silver Hawk
        '56 Sky Hawk
        '51 2R16 dump truck
        Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Alex, I believe on page 2 of the Stude dealers thread you'll find Zellner and Howard in Forsyth, CA. If my memory is incorrect, just do a search for Zellner and you'll find it.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Alex, there was indeed a dealership in Vidalia/Lyons. (Towns are right next to each other). The place was Vining Brother's Motors, or something to that effect. Vidalia is about an hour's drive from where I live.

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Alex, go to your county library. Most county libraries will have a 'Yellow Pages' history for various locations. The Hillsborough County Library had books going back into the 1930's for all Florida counties. I was able to locate the Studebaker dealers in Lakeland, Plant City, Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater. This was using the books for 1960-1964.

Check the build sheet for your car. It may have the dealers name listed or at least the area it was being shipped to. My Daytona was shipped to North Sacramento, CA. While there are two dealers that were in Sacramento, I'm pretty sure the car was sold at Capitol Motors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Alex, there was indeed a dealership in Vidalia/Lyons. (Towns are right next to each other). The place was Vining Brother's Motors, or something to that effect. Vidalia is about an hour's drive from where I live.

Matthew Burnette
                Hazlehurst, GA Vining Brother's Was in Waycross. Matthew. That's an hours drive in the other direction NT

Neil Thornton
                Hazlehurst, GA
                '57 Silver Hawk
                '56 Sky Hawk
                '51 2R16 dump truck
                Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

I do not have a build sheet, but I can get to the Bibb county library. Being that Zellner & Howard was in a downtown district, it may still be there.

Alex Nelsen
                  1954 Champion Coupe
                  Lizella, GA
                  Lizella, GA

Comment

Working...
                  X