No announcement yet.

Akron's Stan Hywet Hall car show pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing creative about those, Bob. Car shows are tough shooting through a huge crowd like that. There's always someone crossing into the shot. I never take my good Nikon D1X to car shows, just my Nikon Coolpix. Too cumbersome and I can't walk away from it with the trunk open, but it makes much better images than the Coolpix. New cameras just need a good battery and reading glasses (for advancing age eye deterioration!) and someone who can put it on auto. No tricks for that.

Comment

Dave,

Do you know who owns the '52 (my favorite 50s Stude)parked next to Don's '55? Is it a Land Cruiser? Judging from the wheel visible in your pic, it may have some custom touches.
      Thanks, JWW

Comment

That's Ed Davies' Convertible, John. He's usually at all the meets. You'll see it at Summit!
        Edit: Oops, that's Dick Lindsey's '52 Land Cruiser with a Mopar V/6 of all things! Sorry.. here's Ed's:

[img][/img]

Comment

Hey Dave that was the place to be on Sunday just a grat autmotive event you see cars from our area and no where else, what a great top down day!!

Joseph Kastellec
          Joseph Kastellec

Comment

You bet, Joe! You would have liked it..still have that GT. Hawk???

Comment

Still have the Hawk , would like to sell it to someone in the club and in the USA, been working on Bill's 64 and the house.

Joseph Kastellec
              Joseph Kastellec

Comment

Thanks for the info, Dave. Ed has some interesting vehicles.
                I don't believe I've ever seen this convertible. I'd call that one a "keeper." [8D]
                JWW

Comment

Working...
                X