• More Atlantic Zone Meet Pictures

Chester Bradfield's beautiful 1935 Commander coupe:

Two of a kind:

Some of the meet attendees:

Forty-ones:

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Hummelstown, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.
    Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Grantville, PA

Very Nice!

Chris Pile
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I love pixs like these, when one can't go to all the Studebaker meets this is the next best thing. Thank you for posting!!!

Comment

Alan, your photos are terrific. Thanks for sharing.
        Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

That '55 Speedster looks just like the one that I owned that still had its original paint. Three owners after me, it got repainted solid black. If he didn't like the Neopolitan ice cream special, I wish that he found a different car, but it was his car to do with as he wished.

I had a set of those 1953 front Winguards. I just couldn't bring myself to put them on any car that I owned.

Thanks for the nice pictures. It took awhile for me to download them, but it was worth it. I have attended that show in the past, but it wasn't in the cards this year.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks Alan
            That 24 is about the coolest car I've seen all day.
            Thanks for sharing.
            Bill
            http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
            sigpic

Comment

Very nice pictures. Thank you for posting.
              How does the '24 get any air with the license plates like that?

Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO
              President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
              Gary Sanders
              Nixa, MO

Comment

Alan- AWESOME photos!! Thanks for posting!

Comment

Very, very nice. I especially like the low angle rear shots of the Champ and President sedans. Most people don't think to shoot the back of the vehicle!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard
                  http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
                  www.studebakersandiego.com
                  Clark in San Diego
                  '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
                  http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you for the great pictures.

Glad you came to the meet, with your beautiful Studebaker.

Leonard Shepherd
                    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Nice photos, Alan; thanks!
                      The photo of the three 1941 Champion sedans is interesting: Doesn't it represent the three different paint treatments available in 1941 on those cars? BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Clark,

The reason I was able to get the low rear views was because the terrain sloped away from the edge of the parking lot. Besides, I've always liked trying for photo angles that others don't try -- like lying flat on my stomach on hot, dirty pavement to get the low angles (which is why most people don't do it). I'm only sorry I wasn't able to photograph more of the cars. During the day, I was judging Classes 4 and 5, and by the time I came back outside after cooling off and getting something to eat and drink in the hospitality room, some of the cars had left. All of the Avantis were in the shade of the hotel, and shade kind of dulls their appearance.

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
                        Hummelstown, PA

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
                        Grantville, PA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by alanmende

Clark,

The reason I was able to get the low rear views was because the terrain sloped away from the edge of the parking lot. Besides, I've always liked trying for photo angles that others don't try -- like lying flat on my stomach on hot, dirty pavement to get the low angles (which is why most people don't do it). I'm only sorry I wasn't able to photograph more of the cars. During the day, I was judging Classes 4 and 5, and by the time I came back outside after cooling off and getting something to eat and drink in the hospitality room, some of the cars had left. All of the Avantis were in the shade of the hotel, and shade kind of dulls their appearance.
                          Those are truly great shots (saved me from posting some much poorer ones). What I don't understand though is why the judges picked three other cars over yours in the class. Other than maybe the Speedster which appeared perfect, yours was clearly a better car- absolutely stunning.

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

sigpic
                          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 53k
                            What I don't understand though is why the judges picked three other cars over yours in the class. Other than maybe the Speedster which appeared perfect, yours was clearly a better car- absolutely stunning.
                            Hi Paul,

I was one of the Class 4 judges! Besides, I got my first place in Lancaster and a 1st Junior at Hershey. I don't see the point in trying to collect trophies. As my mom used to say, "Give others a chance."

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
                            Hummelstown, PA

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
                            Grantville, PA

Comment

Actually Bob the blue one appears to be a 41 Commander and the other two look to be 41 Presidents. Nice pictures, thanks for posting Alan.

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Nice photos, Alan; thanks!
                              The photo of the three 1941 Champion sedans is interesting: Doesn't it represent the three different paint treatments available in 1941 on those cars? BP
                              Frank van Doorn
                              Omaha, Ne.
                              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
                              X