Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you pay for 1st class tin, delivered in Nov?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you pay for 1st class tin, delivered in Nov?

I have a lot of California sheet metal, nothing perfect yet, but I talked to my body man today about him and I working together and getting things done ready to install, and I would plan a trip to Reedsville in Nov. again. He said yes to my offer here is how it would work, first what would be willing to pay for items done and ready to install? it would cost me to have them blasted and Gary would cut out and fix what ever it took bot be good and right, this is the work he has done all his life and he is 66 now, once we talk and set a price on what ever you need it would have to be paid for in advance and when done your name would be put on it and delivered to Reedsville or along my route as before, (3 different times) If people want to be CASO and not pay what they are worth then it will not happen, people that know me know I am fair but doing it his way is also cost out of my pocket, right now this is a feeler and need feed back, it could start right away also, let me know...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers

I have a lot of California sheet metal, nothing perfect yet, but I talked to my body man today about him and I working together and getting things done ready to install, and I would plan a trip to Reedsville in Nov. again. He said yes to my offer here is how it would work, first what would be willing to pay for items done and ready to install? it would cost me to have them blasted and Gary would cut out and fix what ever it took to be good and right, this is the work he has done all his life and he is 66 now, once we talk and set a price on what ever you need it would have to be paid for in advance and when done your name would be put on it and delivered to Reedsville or along my route as before, (3 different times) If people want to be CASO and not pay what they are worth then it will not happen, people that know me know I am fair but doing it his way is also cost out of my pocket, right now this is a feeler and need feed back, it could start right away also, let me know...Bob

Castro Valley, CA

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

I know I would if I lived in the States and you had the 4 doors for a 1962 Lark, save me having them done. Hope they take up your offer.

John Clements
      Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
      Lockleys South Australia
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Are you talking floor pans, door posts and such?
        Klif

55 Speedster
        63 Avanti R2
        55 Speedster/Street Machine
        63 Avanti R2
        64 Convertible R1

Comment

Klif, most of that stuff got scrapped out but do have a few items left but would need to know what is needed, most are doors,hoods, trunks, fenders both front and rear and some small tin items...Bob

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

I'd think that there would be a market for some of the harder to find stuff, e.g. C-K fenders.

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel
            --
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me. Not every body is a CASO. Most will pay whatever you deem to be fair. I would say plan on Reedsville and York. jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Bob,

Are you going to be bring any sheet metal to Cedar Rapids?

Nick

Comment

I will not be bringing any thing to Cedar Rapids, but would plan on Reedsville, York is just to much at the wrong time to try and drive across country with a trailer but then any thing is possible, Jimmie I know not every one is CASO but other members use that term more than I do, I guess I deal with buyer more that a lot of other do, I have always found it good dealing with fellow Studebaker member and owners. if people want this then they should e-mail me a candbstudebakers@sbcglobal.net and we can talk and getting something going , people that wait to the last minute might be out of luck and the truck and trailer can only carry so much, I still have a frame or 2 left, 1-109" 1-113" maybe 2 of these and 1-113 with the "X" center...Bob

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

So far it looks like no one needs any thing, if so it will not happen, I need time to get items ready if wanted, but it is out of my hands now...Bob

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Well, I'm still interested in that frame we discussed...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Tom if the frame we talked about is the 108 from the 64 Daytona I have it and if I were to make the trip it would be no problem as it needs no work....Bob

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Let me know

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                          1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

CEDAR RAPIDS IS OVER.
                            REEDSVLLE IS NEXT.

Comment

I always keep an eye out for good '50 (two door) rear fenders. I'd rather buy them as is because I do all my own work.

SDC member/9G-C5

Comment

Working...
                              X