Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

went to small car show and street fair Thur.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went to small car show and street fair Thur.

I went to a street fair and small car show maybe 200 cars on Thur. was the only Studebaker there, for some funny reason more people stop and want to talk about a Studebaker then the street full of street rods with SBC engines, but I didn't think the crowd was large enough so I opened the hood and the R-2 engine under there just seemed call more people to take a look , some would just scratch their head and wonder who made it. lots of others knew their share about it and just were happy to see because you don't see one every day and most have not seen one in a long time, I had no camera so I could not take any pictures maybe some else did, going to one of these is a lot of fun just sit back and people watch as the stand around and Marvell, oh ya I had a street fair stake sandwich main reason I went...Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

I don't think a 200 car show is that small. Before starting restoration on my Avanti and moving away from Tulsa, I used to attend a Tuesday night street cruise held every week during the summer. It gave me the opportunity to visit with several people and the general public about my car and about Studebakers. You are to be commended on attending and showing your car and extending good will to the public, it benefits the SDC and the Studebaker marque.

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (unrestored)</div id="left">
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Bob and Allanaha.

Photo was taken by Allanaha..

Comment

Your car looks great in that color.
        I agree, a 200 car show isn't at all small. I like to go to cruise nights with my Lark to show the "colors", so to speak.
        I'm surprised by the number of questions I get about the car and about Studebaker in general. It's also surprising to hear so much misinformation about our beloved company. So, it's a good think to get out there and inform people about Studebaker.
        Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
        Smithtown,NY
        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Bob.. glad too see you got the hawk out, looks great.

clayton-rip chicken hawk!

Comment

Hay dude, sure wish you could have been here and went with me, just sat back and marveled at all the things people say about Studebaker's so know some and other know nothing at all, like who build Studebaker?..had a good tri-tip sandwich like always, keep in touch , Trent removed the fenders and rear window from the 54 and we took it to Gary's for some repair work......Bob

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Ya, it would have been fun like always. But you will have to come up to the car show by me.see you soon. clay

clayton-rip chicken hawk!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                Got too take my truck to the local cruise in last night at the 50's diner.Only Studebaker there, in fact the only othr vehicle there was a Truly Nolen 47 chevy coupe. Guess the storm clouds made everyone else afraid there car might get wet. Maybe next week if i get the bed empty from all the trash out of Midge i loaded up today.

Comment

That looked a lot like Martinez, Bob

1958 Golden Hawk
                  1962 GT Hawk
                  1963 Avanti R2
                  1963 Avanti Salt Racer
                  1952 Starlight
                  1958 Golden Hawk
                  1962 GT Hawk
                  1963 Avanti Salt Racer
                  1963 Avanti R2
                  sigpic

Comment

No Hayward, a little smaller also , every 3rd thur. for June, July, Aug., and Sept....Bob

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

Working...
                    X