Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grimsby cruise 6/16...4 Larks and a neat 2R (PIX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grimsby cruise 6/16...4 Larks and a neat 2R (PIX)

Hi all--

I'm on vacation this week...that's why all the rotten weather the past couple days...[] Did get to six different car gatherings between Saturday and Tuesday, though, so can't complain too loud...My choice for Tuesday's cruise, since I had more time than usual to get there, was the Gateway Niagara event at Grimsby (west of St.Catharines where the '08 Crossroads ZM was) instead of my regular visit to close-at-hand Ancaster. Six Studes turned out at Grimsby: four Lark types, Kevin "kmul221's" GT Hawk, and an appealingly functional-looking 2R pickup I hadn't seen before. Pix:

Here are the four Lark types during the few moments all four were in the same frame...62 Daytona HT, 65 Daytona Sport Sedan, 62 Deluxe 2dr post, 64 Daytona droptop (trundling by on departure).

Here's the nifty 2R, which was driven in by a couple from Niagara Falls.

Rear view of the 2R.

Very original-looking interior of the 2R...a neat survivor.

...My Lark is running superbly these days; I'd wager some regulars at the local cruises are now beginning to tire of seeing that scruffy ol' blue Stude with the little six thrumming relentlessly away under the hood...I love it!! Roll on July 4...

S.

Great pictures. Man, what a vacation six car "gatherings" in four days. That is a vacation!

Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

It kept going, too: two more cruises yesterday (Friday), when the weather turned unexpectedly decent. I was the only Stude at both. Had a strange encounter en route home from the second cruise yesterday evening. On Barton Street East in Hamilton, not too far from the Stude plant actually, saw an elderly gent in the middle of the street with a bicycle, apparently waiting for westbound traffic to clear. As I got close, the old fellow suddenly hollered something at the top of his lungs. Yikes, he's not all there, I thought...until I realized that what he'd yelled as the Stude approached was fairly unmistakably "Go Lark Go!" And he'd seen the Lark from the left, too, the side on which the LARK letters are missing. You just never know, eh...maybe he'd worked at Stude back in the day!

Later the same evening that stupid AMP light started flickering again when the six was not at low revs...hasn't done that in a year...thinking I may be about to have gremlins again. The Lark hasn't quit on me, but that light glowing at other than low revs suggests she may be getting ready to. I'm going to get the electrics checked soon and if it's the regulator again I'll probably go the internally regulated alternator route (Stude themselves having gone with an alternator in '63)...Here's hoping I do have a driveable Stude on the Glorious Fourth!

S.

Comment

Working...
      X