Annie Leibovitz photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annie Leibovitz photo

A while back, we visited an amazing retrospective of Annie Leibovitz's photography.
    Walking through art galleries packed with iconic images of celebrities, statesmen and rock idols, one life-sized image caught my eye and held it.

Guess why?

VERY ironically, it was shot diring filming of a movie called "Far From Heaven."
    (Hint: Once noted, it wasn't too hard to convince my better half I didn't have a thing for Julianne Moore.)
    Andy
    62 GT

'59? I will admit to being a huge Julianne fan. No guilt, Andy.

Comment

Probably a '53 to '59 K? Hard to tell. Movie was set in '57-'58.

Wrong color for that photo, but I only found this:

http://imcdb.org/vehicle_23736-Stude...iser-1953.html

Comment

Nothing finer than a hot girl driving a Stude!!!!!!!

Comment

Hint: The shape of the rear side window and details over her left shoulder give it away.

Andy
          62 GT

Andy
          62 GT

Comment

Maybe the answer is in the movie, Mike. I've never seen it and the only reason would be to find the Stude answer if it exists. Since the guy in the shot is the director, I'm not sure if that's a cameo in the movie, or during a down time/set up-type of photograph. I couldn't find one promo shot, or video clip of any Stude other than the one above. That mirror doesn't look like a top of the line part. Does the back seat top design narrow it down?

Comment

I'm not getting it, first thing I see are the wipers, looks like they overlap each other, not aware of any Stude with windshield wipers like that

nate

--
              55 Commander Starlight
              http://members.cox.net/njnagel
              --
              55 Commander Starlight
              http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

True, unless they're just the wrong blades. Wheel and mirror sure look Stude.

Comment

Looks like it has the 1958-newer style dome light... 1958 Golden Hawk?

LH

Comment

hmm, saw that movie. don't remember a Studebaker in any prominent role in it but it sure looks like one. She drove a nice looking 54-56 Buick wagon threw out the movie. and Todd Haynes was the writer/director, not an actor in it and her hair also didn't look like that in the movie so maybe it is some kind of pre production test shot. Ill have to watch it again!

1957 Golden Hawk
                    "Studebaker? they dont make them anymore"
                    sigpic1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

I own the movie. She drives a blue and white 1956 Buick Super Station Wagon. There is a 1955 Studebaker Sedan parked outside of a small bar/diner. She is getting out of a red Ford pickup truck and walks by it.

Comment

Working...
                      X