An old decal resurfaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old decal resurfaces

Moved a tool box the other day and saw this decal for the first time in many years. Can't remember who was selling these, but it was an SDC vendor. They came with a sheet of stick-on numbers. The '26' pegs this decal as having been put on the tool box in 1985.

[img][/img]

HEY, you're not Wilbur!

quote:Originally posted by Dwain G.

Moved a tool box the other day and saw this decal for the first time in many years. Can't remember who was selling these, but it was an SDC vendor. They came with a sheet of stick-on numbers. The '26' pegs this decal as having been put on the tool box in 1985.
    Did you find it in the trunk of "Old Blue"? Old Blue came to mind when I saw that post of that immaculate '63 Standard posted here earlier.

Craig

Comment

The scary part is that I drove a Studebaker twice that long ago.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I had probably just quit filling diapers in 1985. Boy, if I was older, I'd probably have a whole yard full of Studes, back when you could buy 'em REALLY cheap. Regardless... neat decal

LH

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Lark Hunter

I had probably just quit filling diapers in 1985. Boy, if I was older, I'd probably have a whole yard full of Studes, back when you could buy 'em REALLY cheap. Regardless... neat decal

LH
          You could buy them really cheap, but most didn't keep them. I can remember buying a Cruiser for $100 spending some time and money (tires, tune-up, clean, etc.) to make it better and selling it for $225.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The little round decal has never been in or on 'Ol Blue, but he did sport a vintage SDC bumper sticker that said 'Made When Cars Were Built To Last'.
            And my '53 coupe had one that said 'Will Your Car Last This Long?'

HEY, you're not Wilbur!

Comment

Working...
            X