63 Cruiser sold at auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Cruiser sold at auction

This 63 Studebaker Cruiser 4dr, 6 cylinder with 6,4000 miles was sold on sat at an estate auction in Palmyra Pa. I looked at it on friday and it was very nice. It went for more than I was willing to pay. It sold for $6,400.

Jeff Sheaffer
    Driving the past into the future
    Jeff Sheaffer

quote:Originally posted by 60studehawk

This 63 Studebaker Cruiser 4dr, 6 cylinder with 6,4000 miles was sold on sat at an estate auction in Palmyra Pa. I looked at it on friday and it was very nice.
    That is an extremely nice '63 Standard; the opposite end of the trim/price level of the Standard/Lark/Cruiser line for that year. It seems to be devoid of every option aside from the Climatizer which makes it very unique![^] (The rear view mirror appears to be aftermarket.)

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

quote:Originally posted by 60studehawk

This 63 Studebaker Cruiser 4dr, 6 cylinder with 6,4000 miles was sold on sat at an estate auction in Palmyra Pa. I looked at it on friday and it was very nice.
      That is an extremely nice '63 Standard; the opposite end of the trim/price level of the Standard/Lark/Cruiser line for that year. It seems to be devoid of every option aside from the Climatizer which makes it very unique![^] (The rear view mirror appears to be aftermarket.)

Craig
      Very nice car. Somewhere along the line the off-white wheels got painted black, which makes her seem even plainer I think (!)

Still, appears to be in outstanding condition.

Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
      '64 Daytona Hardtop
      Bill Pressler
      Kent, OH
      (formerly Greenville, PA)
      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
      All are in Australia now

Comment

Now thats what I call a trailer queen have to keep the miles off that one to keep the value in it ....very nice car and if you think about it , not a bad price IMHO

[IMG]
        Home of the Fried Green Tomato
        "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
        1964 Daytona HT
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I am guessing that it is from Amish country. It is the most basic model, four door sedan, six, standard, only heater, black. This could also be a reason that the "bright" off-white wheels were repainted black.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Very nice car indeed, and I think that's the first black Standard of any body style I've ever seen! And check out that original battery hold-down correctly in place; I'm impressed.

Jeff, I assume you meant it had 6,400 miles, not 6,4000; correct?

Also, the pictures look like they were taken with the engine idling. Look at that oil pressure guage; almost pegged!

Nice car. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Most likely will see it soon on eBay.

Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Yes I did mean 6,400 miles. I think the owner was mennite which would explain the black wheels.

Jeff Sheaffer
                Jeff Sheaffer

Comment

Somehow it seems right that a Mennonite would own a Studebaker Standard!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 F2/Lark Standard
                  http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
                  www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Very nice, but a little more than I would pay for a 6 cyl.

57 & 58 Packards and Larks

Comment

makes this 28K 63' in Mass look real good at $4000...........

Comment

I am going to guess the water pump was replaced at some point.

Reason I think so is it looks like they left out the spacer between the fan and the pump. From the angle of this photo there is too much space between the fan and the radiator.

I know all those '63 owners out there are lusting after that dash pad. If this car was any more basic it would have a tongue with harness sticking out in front of it...

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
                        [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
                        [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

That dash pad is a standard and the glove box is total different, not a good shot of it, I am not a Mennonite and I own a standard 2 door and I don't think Nels is either and he has a full package 2 door standard, one of the best cars I own, have had it since 1989....Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA

Candbstudebakers
                          Castro Valley,
                          California

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary

I am guessing that it is from Amish country. It is the most basic model, four door sedan, six, standard, only heater, black. This could also be a reason that the "bright" off-white wheels were repainted black.
                            When I was in Ohio I met a guy who said he used to sell cars near tha Amish & Mennonite communties.
                            He said they'd come on and want a base model, black, no options.
                            The dealer would reverse the factory white walls, and replace full wheel covers with dog dish caps. I'd guess, they'd occasionally have to pull radios too.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers

That dash pad is a standard and the glove box is total different, not a good shot of it, I am not a Mennonite and I own a standard 2 door and I don't think Nels is either and he has a full package 2 door standard, one of the best cars I own, have had it since 1989....Bob

Bob Peterson
                              I referred to the basic/standard model, but also the ALL BLACK as clues that it might have been purchased new by Amish/Mennonite. Of course, many of these cars have changed hands over the past 45 years. Did you buy your Standard new? Is it black? As Bob P. pointed out, the all black basic sedan is unusual.

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                              X