Midge vin#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midge vin#

Finally got to hold her title today, and do a little work on getting the new shoes on until the sun drove me out of the storage room. Still can't get the hood open but sprayed latch down with WD40 maybe next time.

Looks like an ongoing problem as one side of the grill is broke loose like it was pulled out to get to latch.

The Vin# are 59S21665 I'm assuming from past post that the S insures this one is a six/auto. Will be a happy camper when i can get it on the trailer, give it a good wash job and get in my garage.

The 59S assures Midge started life as a 1959 6cylinder. There's nothing about an automatic trans tho - of course, you could've meant "six / automobile"

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

The 59S assures Midge started life as a 1959 6cylinder. There's nothing about an automatic trans tho - of course, you could've meant "six / automobile"
      Thanks It's defiantly an automatic and i was pretty sure about a six staring back at me when ever i get the hood open. And of course then I'll have to decide.
      A. Do without Tracy's help crawling around cleaning the inside by going modified and doing away with the sicks.
      Or
      B.Grin and bear it when a six year old on a big wheel leaves me in the dust at the lights by leaving it stock.

Being a chunky monkey makes it a hard decision. Ya'd think the girl would give a fat boy a break.

Comment

Took advantage of the 67 degree morning and and installed the wheels and got the hood open. Flathead Six all intact and turns by hand, typical rag in carb, air cleaner missing. Regulator wired but loose from firewall. Looks like someone was trying to install chevy radiator and gave up. Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
        X