Kelly Ripa 6/11/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

Gary, what exactly was the original context from which this statement was being used? Was she simply joking, or ribbing the producer if he actually owns Studebakers? Btw, she was an actress long before she was on this show, and while it's easy to attack someone's knowledge without knowing them, we should be tactful with any emails. I've worked with her a few times in the past. She has more on the ball than you think.
    Regis and Kelly were kidding around in the Host Chat, as they normally do. They were talking about cell phones and computers. They refer to them as passing fads. Kelly likened them to Studebakers as "a passing fancy."

I have nothing against Kelly (that didn't didn't come out right - or did it?)

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I didn't expect a correction, or anything else, from Regis. I do not believe that he had any car while at Notre Dame and probably ventured little into South Bend. Regis has often displayed a complete lack of knowledge about any kind if car, old or new. Remember that he grew up in The Bronx. The family probably never had a car. He mainly lives in Manhattan now and takes car service (livery) everywhere he goes in New York City. He also has two houses in Connecticut. I believe that he usually drives up there for many weekends. He used to have an old Acura that he left in Connecticut for use there.

Kelly lives in SoHo in Manhattan and has a weekend house in the Hamptons (eastern end of Long Island). She uses car/livery service in New York City and I believe that they have a large, late model SUV (Escalade?) to use to go to the Hamptons.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by toyman

On the 6/12 show, they made more of the phoney dog that sits behind Regis than in correcting a comment made the day before. Perhaps more should have been said about Regis NOT correcting Kelly than in Kelly's remark.

toyman
        The 6/12 show was a Friday show. Friday shows are not live. They tape them on Thursday morning, right after the Thursday live show. Therefore, I did not expect any mention on today's show. Monday's show (if live) would be the earliest to listen for a comment.

See my other post about Regis not being familiar with cars.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

For a better account of the carriage and what it really is:
          Thanks for the clarification. The article I quoted doesn't say it's a Studebaker, but doesn't go into the detail about it that yours does.

Chip
          '63 Cruiser daily driver
          '57 Packard wagon on the road!
          Chip
          '63 Cruiser
          '57 Packard wagon
          '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
          '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I stand corrected

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

We're all supposed to be candidates for cannonization. (sorry, no smiley with a halo)
              I would never be a candidate- my shoulders would never fit in the cannon barrel[V] Being seriously flawed, I'll also never be a candidate for canonization either

Here you go, Bob... like a Studebaker, it just needs a little work:

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeski

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Ever seen her without makeup?[xx(]
                Have you ever seen me without MY makeup?!?[B)]

Still.... I would roll those dice.....

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Thanks bams. That should be a part of your sig line.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50
                    I would never be a candidate- my shoulders would never fit in the cannon barrel[V] Being seriously flawed, I'll also never be a candidate for canonization either
                    Don't worry Bams, you're still a person of high calibre.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                    63 Avanti R1 2788
                    1914 Stutz Bearcat
                    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

She is so uninformed.....and Regis is too scared and politically correct to correct her on live TV.

57 & 58 Packards and Larks

Comment

Those two are a constant source of entertainment for me. Such big city naivety. Amazing.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Maybe they will now have real "Studebakers" as guests.....

Brad

Comment

IMHO, Kelly's cute as they come and has great chemistry with Regis. Keep in mind, she's a blonde. (Even if it's from a bottle)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by clonelark

I stand corrected
                              Bob, as we get older we are allowed to sit corrected.
                              This works better for me at the computer than standing corrected.

Lark Parker

Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.
                              sigpic
                              Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Has anyone heard if Regis made a follow-up comment? I recollect seeing an Avanti for sale recently, with the seller being Michael Gellman. Is this the same Gellman who is the show's producer?
                                Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                                X