Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Pat, what you say is true, but they (ford and Chevy) were just variations on the same model as four-doors and others. In Stude's case, the C & K were a line of models onto their own. Sheet metal-wise, they shared little to nothing with the W, F, Y, cars.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

Leave a comment:

• Gary1953
    replied
    Gary,
    Very nice. Keep posting pictures.
    Never get tried of seeing '53 Hardtops.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Certainly we've hashed this out before, but in my mind it's amazing that there were coupes and hardtops built! Their profile is exactly the same, so how did it come to pass that both cars were produced??? I could have seen one or the other with a companion ragtop, but these two fixed-top cars - seems redundant to me.<-gots me "bean-counter" frame of mind goin' here.[:I]

Of course, here was Studebaker, along with Nash and Hudson, fielding two whole separate lines of cars when the big three had one basic body per nameplate.

No doubt, the K-body's the most glamorous, but the C-body is pretty too, and less rattle-prone. Either way, they're STILL just about the sexiest cars ever conceived.[:X][]
    Actually, both Chevy and Ford offered hardtops and pillared "coupes" in '53-54. The Chevy hard top shares a very similar roof line to the '52 Studebaker Starliner. Still they could not be compared to the Studebaker C/Ks

Pat

Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Leave a comment:

• clonelark
    replied
    I have a 54 Champ K, it's next in line but it will be a V-8 when done, Every time i see a 53-55 i drool. What beautiful cars. Then i have to drool over Dave L's car at every meet we go to.

Leave a comment:

• clarkwd
    replied
    Really pretty Gary. I love it.
    Wish I could make one just like it.
    Bill
    http://www.rustyrestorations.org/coppermine/

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Certainly we've hashed this out before, but in my mind it's amazing that there were coupes and hardtops built! Their profile is exactly the same, so how did it come to pass that both cars were produced??? I could have seen one or the other with a companion ragtop, but these two fixed-top cars - seems redundant to me.<-gots me "bean-counter" frame of mind goin' here.[:I]

Of course, here was Studebaker, along with Nash and Hudson, fielding two whole separate lines of cars when the big three had one basic body per nameplate.

No doubt, the K-body's the most glamorous, but the C-body is pretty too, and less rattle-prone. Either way, they're STILL just about the sexiest cars ever conceived.[:X][]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    The car looks great Gary. Nothing better than a '53-'55 'K' car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    Excellent! Nothing brightens up the day like a bright red '53!

Pat

Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    Sweet!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    AMAZING! - what a guy can do with a few spray cans, eh? [:0]

JUST KIDDING! Looks lucious![] Makes me wanna drag my coupe out and go at it again.[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

Leave a comment:

• paintim613
    replied
    Even though pictures are filtered on my work computer I know I will like what I see when I get home tonight. The '53 Starliners/Starlites are the most beautifully styled American cars of the last 50+ years although the 2002-5 T-Birds, 55-57 Buicks, and '56 Continental Mk II are not far behind IMHO.
    Tim-Custom '53 Commander Starlite aka The Studebird (under restoration) in Yuma, AZ

Leave a comment:

• HawkGT
    replied
    Gorgeous, Alvin. Looking forward to the finished product. Thanks for sharing.

Gene

Eugene C Nagle

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Looks Greeeaaat to me - 1953 Starliners are my favorite! Must be a Gary thing and not just the two of us.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• blalock51
    started a topic My 53 K-Body

My 53 K-Body

Just drove it out of the shop. Had to see what it looks like in the sun. Hope you think it looks as good as I do. Gary Blalock, Alvin, Texas [img][/img] [img][/img] [img][/img]
Working...
X