My 53 K-Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 53 K-Body

Just drove it out of the shop. Had to see what it looks like in the sun. Hope you think it looks as good as I do. Gary Blalock, Alvin, Texas [img][/img] [img][/img] [img][/img]

Looks Greeeaaat to me - 1953 Starliners are my favorite! Must be a Gary thing and not just the two of us.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gorgeous, Alvin. Looking forward to the finished product. Thanks for sharing.

Gene

Eugene C Nagle
      Gene Nagle
      1963 Hawk R1
      1985 Avanti

Comment

Even though pictures are filtered on my work computer I know I will like what I see when I get home tonight. The '53 Starliners/Starlites are the most beautifully styled American cars of the last 50+ years although the 2002-5 T-Birds, 55-57 Buicks, and '56 Continental Mk II are not far behind IMHO.
        Tim-Custom '53 Commander Starlite aka The Studebird (under restoration) in Yuma, AZ
        Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom and '63 Avanti in Yuma, AZ
        https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection https://www.jimsrodshop.com/project/always-ahead

Comment

AMAZING! - what a guy can do with a few spray cans, eh? [:0]

JUST KIDDING! Looks lucious![] Makes me wanna drag my coupe out and go at it again.[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1963 Cruiser
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sweet!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
            Dylan Wills
            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Excellent! Nothing brightens up the day like a bright red '53!

Pat

Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

Comment

The car looks great Gary. Nothing better than a '53-'55 'K' car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Certainly we've hashed this out before, but in my mind it's amazing that there were coupes and hardtops built! Their profile is exactly the same, so how did it come to pass that both cars were produced??? I could have seen one or the other with a companion ragtop, but these two fixed-top cars - seems redundant to me.<-gots me "bean-counter" frame of mind goin' here.[:I]

Of course, here was Studebaker, along with Nash and Hudson, fielding two whole separate lines of cars when the big three had one basic body per nameplate.

No doubt, the K-body's the most glamorous, but the C-body is pretty too, and less rattle-prone. Either way, they're STILL just about the sexiest cars ever conceived.[:X][]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Really pretty Gary. I love it.
                    Wish I could make one just like it.
                    Bill
                    http://www.rustyrestorations.org/coppermine/
                    http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
                    sigpic

Comment

I have a 54 Champ K, it's next in line but it will be a V-8 when done, Every time i see a 53-55 i drool. What beautiful cars. Then i have to drool over Dave L's car at every meet we go to.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Certainly we've hashed this out before, but in my mind it's amazing that there were coupes and hardtops built! Their profile is exactly the same, so how did it come to pass that both cars were produced??? I could have seen one or the other with a companion ragtop, but these two fixed-top cars - seems redundant to me.<-gots me "bean-counter" frame of mind goin' here.[:I]

Of course, here was Studebaker, along with Nash and Hudson, fielding two whole separate lines of cars when the big three had one basic body per nameplate.

No doubt, the K-body's the most glamorous, but the C-body is pretty too, and less rattle-prone. Either way, they're STILL just about the sexiest cars ever conceived.[:X][]
                        Actually, both Chevy and Ford offered hardtops and pillared "coupes" in '53-54. The Chevy hard top shares a very similar roof line to the '52 Studebaker Starliner. Still they could not be compared to the Studebaker C/Ks

Pat

Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA
                        Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

Pat Dilling
                        Olivehurst, CA
                        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

Comment

Gary,
                          Very nice. Keep posting pictures.
                          Never get tried of seeing '53 Hardtops.

Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO
                          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                          Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO

Comment

Pat, what you say is true, but they (ford and Chevy) were just variations on the same model as four-doors and others. In Stude's case, the C & K were a line of models onto their own. Sheet metal-wise, they shared little to nothing with the W, F, Y, cars.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1963 Cruiser
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe
                            1957 President two door

Comment

Working...
                            X