X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

Mark's Transtar is beautiful...but then I'm partial to green and cream . Studebaker should have painted the grill the lower body color like Mark did...

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA
    Thanks for the compliment Dick... (it was good to finally meet you & Deb[8D]) but I have to give full credit to Steve Blake for choosing Mr. Green Jeans' colour scheme long before I became his owner. And thanks for bringing the Ute over the pass so we could all get "up close and personal" for a bit. [^]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island Chapter
    http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    Here's a nice '60 Convertible that showed up a little late, but won best in class...

Here's a group shot of my Transtar, the Curtis's '66 Daytona and the Bell's newly acquired '64 Daytona taking a break on the way to Wenatchee:

Here's some members of the Antique Studebaker Club we met up with on the way...

A nice looking '55...

And, Mr. Green Jeans earning his keep hauling some C-Cab fenders and a hood for another SDC'er...

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island Chapter
    http://sdcvi.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    What a beautiful site for a meet. Great pictures everybody! [^] Thanks for the details, Dick.
    It sounds tough weaving and climbing through a mountain pass, but I'd take that over a boring trip on the Ohio Turnpike to South Bend any day. Great effort, everyone.[8D]

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Shane

Nice, It looks like I missed out. I see Dave's Sweet Pea in the back left. Shane
    quote:Originally posted by silverhawk

That was a awesome meet, and my first one. I got to meet a bunch of people I have only heard about, and got to put some faces to names for some on the forum. Dylan
    Yes- you missed out Shane. It was an excellent meet. I too got to put some faces to names of several Forum Folks, as well as catch up with some folks I've not seen in many years away from the CanAm Zone. I'm pretty sure fun has had by all!!! I thought the 'short' little caravan through town to the Meet Site was a nice touch. Less then 30 cars were judged~ and at least as many were on display. The '28 Erskine took home Best of Show if I'm not mistaken...

Sweet Pea made it over the hill, and back again too. She got to lead most of the way for our small convoy heading home~ but had to work a bit harder due to a bit of extra weight in the back seat~ the trophies were made out of lead!!! [:0] [)]

StudeDave '57 [8D]
    Ferndale, WA

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    Thanks for the kind words Mr.Stienkamp, I appreciate it.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

I didn't get a pic of Dylan's wagon, unfortunately, but it is a NICE one []. Original paint (with some patina), no rust in the usual places, V8, stick/OD...quite nice!
    Speaking of wagons, was the Oasis Green '60 similar to yours there this year? He usually shows up at the Pacific Can-Am Meets.

Craig
    Wasn't there (durn it).

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied

I didn't get a pic of Dylan's wagon, unfortunately, but it is a NICE one []. Original paint (with some patina), no rust in the usual places, V8, stick/OD...quite nice!
    Speaking of wagons, was the Oasis Green '60 similar to yours there this year? He usually shows up at the Pacific Can-Am Meets.

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...rchTerms=oasis

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by silverhawk

I missed the yellow bullet nose, darn. That was a awesome meet, and my first one. I got to meet a bunch of people I have only heard about, and got to put some faces to names for some on the forum.

Dylan Wills

I didn't get a pic of Dylan's wagon, unfortunately, but it is a NICE one []. Original paint (with some patina), no rust in the usual places, V8, stick/OD...quite nice! Dylan knows the complete history of the car. It appears to have been well taken care of by the previous owners. What a great first Stude for one of our younger members [^]. Much better than starting with some non running rust bucket and getting discouraged. Dylan and his grand father drove over from Everett. That's about 3 hours over a 4,000'+ pass over the Cascades! [:0]

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Leave a comment:

• silverhawk
    replied
    I missed the yellow bullet nose, darn. That was a awesome meet, and my first one. I got to meet a bunch of people I have only heard about, and got to put some faces to names for some on the forum.

Dylan Wills

Leave a comment:

• Gary1953
    replied
    Very nice. Once again nice to see the older Studebakers pictured on the forum.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    That '25 Stude was one of my favorites too. Here's another shot of it...

Here's the dash in it....

There was a beautiful '28 Erskine next to it...

Another one of my favorites...Irv's 4WD. Studebaker never made them this nice!...

Mark's Transtar is beautiful...but then I'm partial to green and cream . Studebaker should have painted the grill the lower body color like Mark did...

A nice '37 CE still under construction...

Two of my favorite hot rods. Steve Hudson's convert and Scot Hall's phantom Speedster...

It was a great meet!

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    Nice cars and looks like a great venue! Thanks for posting

Pat

Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Leave a comment:

• Shane
    replied
    Chris, Most of these folks have to drive two to three hours and climb a steep mountain called Stevens pass to get back home. I suspect their will be more to come.

Shane Kennewick,WA

Leave a comment:

• Chris Pile
    replied
    More pix, I mean - c'mon!

Chris Pile
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The Studebaker Special

Leave a comment:

• Shane
    replied
    Nice, It looks like I missed out. I see Dave's sweet pea in the back left.

Shane Kennewick,WA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X